Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

eBay newbie - advice please!

(4 Posts)
Thatsnotmyfigure Sat 01-Nov-14 15:44:00

Hi! I have lots of maternity and baby clothes to sell. I'm assuming I should wait till the right season , e.g. maternity clothes are summer ones so list in the spring? Is it better to sell Next, JL clothes individually rather then as a bundle? Buy it Now or auction? Is it better to sell in January when people are at home and skint rather than December when everyone is Christmas shopping? I thought there was a beginner's guide to eBay selling on Mumsnet but can't find it, so apologies if am being dense! I have read about ending in the evening - lateish?? Thanks for any advice!

Chrissy41 Sat 01-Nov-14 16:08:32

best thing you can do is look at completed listings to see what your items would achieve.

I always advise buy it now with best offer with free p&p, if under 1kg it will only cost £2.98 with Hermes and you have proof of delivery which you will need, take good photos with plain background and no surrounding clutter, add all measurements, only sell good brands - ie supermarket baby clothes will never make any money.

Thatsnotmyfigure Sat 01-Nov-14 16:27:18

Thanks! Do Hermes collect from your house?

Chrissy41 Sat 01-Nov-14 17:01:11

yes - or you can pay 20p less and drop off at a collection shop/point if you have one local.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now