Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Oh dear...what do I do now?

(9 Posts)
MoreSnowPlease Sat 01-Nov-14 10:35:16

Listed dishwasher and sold it on 24th oct, buyer never responded to requests to tell me about collection. So I relisted it on 29th and it sold on 30th....again, buyer said he would like to pick up today (1st nov) but hasn't responded when i tried to arrange this.

Now original buyer has come back saying they were away and when can they pick up?!!!

Chrissy41 Sat 01-Nov-14 11:20:52

you need to cancel one of them to get your fees back. If not you will have 2 lots of final value fees to pay. And you could be negged too.

And make sure you only take cash.

SavoyCabbage Sat 01-Nov-14 11:33:23

I think relisting it after five days was a bit on the quick side.

I know when you are selling you just want things gone as soon as possible but people are busy.

I would tell the first buyer what happened and apologise and keep contacting the second buyer.

Chrissy41 Sat 01-Nov-14 12:00:50

you shouldn't relist until you have either done a non paying case, which takes 6 days, or the buyer has agreed to cancel the transaction.

MoreSnowPlease Sun 02-Nov-14 08:24:06

Someone on another thread said leave it 4 days. Anyway ebay is so unuseable I couldn't find info about what to do in this case and I needed the dishwasher gone soon because of a house move which was stated on description. Bids should be binding.

Both buyers are still messing me about, one turned up at my old house without arranging a time with me. Think I'll cancel both and start again!

Chrissy41 Sun 02-Nov-14 10:03:10

you leave an unpaid item case for 4 days - then you can close it and get your fees back.

You will need to send both of these buyers a cancellation request and hope they agree so you get your fees back - which are 10% the value of what it sold for x 2.

MoreSnowPlease Sun 02-Nov-14 20:39:57

It hasn't been marked as payment received as they were paying cash on collection so ebay haven't charged final value fees yet

Chrissy41 Sun 02-Nov-14 21:04:49

you will still get fees if they pay cash. You do need to send a cancellation request to one or both - have you done that yet?

MoreSnowPlease Sun 02-Nov-14 21:29:59

Nope not yet as they are still both messing me about I don't know which to go with or just cancel both ...I just want it sold it's sat in our old flat which we no longer pay rent for!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now