Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Should I leave neg?

(19 Posts)
Allbymyselfagain Fri 31-Oct-14 19:15:56

Bought a dress, paid straight away and seller marked it as despatched an hour later. Now ive looked it's been refunded and she sent me an email saying she burnt it when ironing it. Should I leave a neg, I think she's unhappy at the price she got but am I being too harsh?

Chrissy41 Fri 31-Oct-14 19:50:42

yep - do, and report as non performing seller too.

Has she relisted it?

nickstmoritz Fri 31-Oct-14 20:30:35

well I think you need to give benefit of the doubt. I once sold a necklace and when I went to pack it I realised one of the children had broken it by accident so I apologised & refunded and it may be that the seller did scorch it with the iron - easily done if it's a synthetic fabric. You could hang on and see if it does get relisted. A neg is pretty harsh on a seller. Check previous fb

lljkk Fri 31-Oct-14 20:43:27

As soon as you buy postage on Ebay's postage service there is an automatic email to buyer to say dispatched. So dispatched is kind of meaningless, daft system.

Yes I think you're being too harsh. Why do you think she's unhappy at the price, what was the item & what did it sell for?

Allbymyselfagain Sat 01-Nov-14 08:45:13

Feedback seems love but generally good. It just seems weird she would be ironing it are hitting despatched? It was a lovely dress that went for £3.20.

Allbymyselfagain Sat 01-Nov-14 08:45:26

Low

lljkk Sat 01-Nov-14 08:52:38

People are talking about £100 RRP silk designer brand dresses selling barely used on Ebay for as little as £10-15. That is what a seller should normally expect on Ebay. Is it that kind of price reduction or even more dramatic?

I never purchase postage until the item is all packaged ready to go, but a lot of people buy postage the first moment it's convenient to do so, & then wrap up, so not odd to me that they would iron after you got dispatched email. They just thought they were being quick & efficient.

At end of day you've lost a small bargain, that's all. To me that seems like no worse than slightly annoying. But Feedback always your call.

Chrissy41 Sat 01-Nov-14 09:33:03

and a seller could be disappointed in the price achieved and pretend it is damaged to avoid selling at that low price. I agree that ironing before packaging is bizarre and unlikely.

Feedback is your choice - if you are disappointed then neg, entirely up to you. There is no need to justify your opinion.

NormHonal Sat 01-Nov-14 09:39:42

I would also give the benefit of the doubt - a couple of times when packaging clothes to send I've found a small hole or something I didn't notice before. And I've been known to iron something before packing it up.

nickstmoritz Sat 01-Nov-14 17:46:35

I think quite a few people iron just before packing. I use my ironing board to pack clothing because you can lay out carefully and it is easy to do the tissue paper layer inside the item when folding clothing. I would often do a final press & check over at this stage and it is possible to discover minor flaws then which is annoying but at least there is time to put them right before posting. In your case I would probably just not leave any fb and move on.

nauticant Mon 03-Nov-14 12:23:51

Ask for a photo of the ironing damage. It I were the seller and was being honest, I'd happily go along with such a request to prove my story.

whataboutbob Wed 05-Nov-14 13:07:33

Something like that happened to me, I won a nice cardi for 99p, paid up straight away then got told the dry cleaner had shrunken it so she was refunding me. Methinks she was disappointed at the price and made up a porkie pie. As I have no way of proving it, I left no feedback at all.

OwlCapone Wed 05-Nov-14 13:10:02

Don't leave feedback until the last minute and check to see if it is relisted in that time.

whataboutbob Wed 05-Nov-14 13:14:33

Thanks for the tip! Is there a cut off time for feedback?

OwlCapone Wed 05-Nov-14 13:24:43

I can't remember what the cut off is I'm afraid.

whataboutbob Wed 05-Nov-14 13:25:51

Never mind!

19lottie82 Wed 05-Nov-14 13:25:54

I think it's one year for feedback

whataboutbob Wed 05-Nov-14 13:30:46

Thanks Lottie!

alemci Thu 06-Nov-14 12:07:36

I've ironed stuff before packaging as it has crumpled up waiting to be sold.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now