Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

To all the people watching my item on ebay...

(11 Posts)
pookamoo Thu 13-Mar-14 13:33:22

.... if none of you puts a bid in, (even 99p!) it is going to have to go to the tip! sad

I listed my vintage 3 piece suite (1950s, soooo comfy, but we are redecorating and it needs a new home). I put it on with no reserve.

The man in the local vintage furniture shop said he thought a trader would be interested, he said it's too good to skip it, but he has a warehouse full already. I can't just donate it to charity as it doesn't have a fire safety certificate (seeing as it is from the 1950s!), and the replacement comes on 21st March.

Would it be acceptable to add to the listing that this is the last chance or it's going to have to be skipped? I am not trying to make lots of money, I just want it to go to a good home.

MyNameIsKenAdams Thu 13-Mar-14 13:34:21

Someone will bid. Even for 99p.

Its happen.

put it on freecycle or local fb selling page instead?

pookamoo Thu 13-Mar-14 13:49:58

The local Facebook selling page moves far too quickly. Unless you are selling job lots of baby clothes or mobile phones, the post get shunted off the page!

I am not very keen on Freecycle, although it could come down to that.

kenAdams I hope you're right! There are 23 people watching it, I just thought they might need a bit of a nudge to bid. It ends Sunday night, and the new sofa comes next Friday, so I don't think I have time to relist - there's not a lot of space!

NatashaBee Thu 13-Mar-14 13:57:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pookamoo Thu 13-Mar-14 14:09:13

Thanks Natasha
I have done just that, saying that someone can bag themselves a 99p bargain! grin

I also added that it won't be relisted after the end of the auction (this is its second week) as I can't store it and it will have to go to the tip.

I'd be so sad if it went, as it's got lots of life left in it. We inherited it with the house when we bought, and we finally (after 5 years) got round to decorating! I had thought it might go a bit more easily on ebay!

pookamoo Thu 13-Mar-14 14:09:40

Sad if it went to the tip, I mean!
If it sells on ebay, I will be thrilled.

ListenToTheLady Thu 13-Mar-14 14:11:06

Hope you sell it, but there are charities that need furniture to help house people, and will come and collect it. If it comes to that, have a google for one in your area.

FriedSprout Thu 13-Mar-14 14:17:01

Don't think even charities take them without a fire certificate these days.

Could you deliver locally, might be worth adding that to the listing.

pookamoo Thu 13-Mar-14 16:02:50

Friedsprout is right, Lady. The charities won't take it without the fire certificate.

Unfortunately I can't deliver at all.

ListenToTheLady Thu 13-Mar-14 16:09:37

Ah bum. sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now