Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer not paid after 48 hours

(5 Posts)
DomesticSlobbess Fri 07-Mar-14 13:51:20

I'm new to eBay and out of the few things I've sold so far everyone has always paid straight away or on the same day so I'm unsure whether to message the buyer with a gentle reminder.

Item sold lunchtime on Wed. I was thinking of saying something along the lines of I'm popping to the Post Office tomorrow so if payment was made today I could ship their item too, otherwise it won't be until Monday.

Or shall I just wait?

cathpip Fri 07-Mar-14 13:58:08

I used to always receive an email if I had won an auction but not anymore. I also had the same problem with a buyer not paying, I emailed saying congrats on winning said item, please pay by said day and time otherwise I will have to relist. Usually get an apology and prompt payment.

nauticant Fri 07-Mar-14 16:34:42

Send an invoice today as your gentle reminder. If that doesn't elicit a payment, follow up with a direct message on Sunday.

LavenderGreen14 Fri 07-Mar-14 16:43:16

open an unpaid case if 48 hours have passed - it still gives them another 4 days to pay. Gentle reminders and further invoices are pointless in my opinion.

DomesticSlobbess Fri 07-Mar-14 18:53:08

Well I sent a gentle reminder type message and they paid up a few hours later! Thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now