Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Wasted courier

(8 Posts)
Nobloomingideapgornot Thu 06-Mar-14 11:56:39

Hi all

I was after an item, I found one on budget but buyer said was collection only.
I emailed them and asked of I organised a courier, would he consider sending if I won.
They agreed, so I booked courier and sent him the email needed to print with all t he documents only to be informed that actually he couldn't print so now needed me to post the documents to them now.
Due to the time it would take and me needing it ASAP, I didn't have time to do this so I have asked twice now for a refund as we couldn't complete the transaction as agreed.

They have now sent me a shitty email back saying tough, their listing says no refunds and unless I can send a valid reason why they won't refund.
They agreed to do what was needed on eBay email to get the goods courier to me.

I'm now out of pocket for the item and the courier. I accept that sadly I won't get the courier money back but at least the item money.

Thoughts please
Cheers

Ps I have now waited for the allotted time to pass and filed an item not received case..is this right?

LavenderGreen14 Thu 06-Mar-14 12:06:30

get a refund for the courier and file not received - you can do it with paypal now, and escalate asap and get your full refund - and please leave a neg and low stars. they can't just refuse a refund because they don't feel like it. No refunds on their listing means sod all.

TeacupDrama Sun 09-Mar-14 21:10:04

I am not entirely sure you can file a not received dispute for collection only item

however it is partly your fault for not checking they had a printer for courier before booking it, city link do not require a printer.

lots of people access internet via a tablet/phone and do not have a printer, when booking a courier you should check that the collection time is suitable for the seller,

I do not think cheap couriers refund if item is not available for them to collect or does not have barcode label on it

there is no need for them to be rude but if a seller for a collection only item agrees to a courier you should check with them when would be a suitable day for collection and if you email them the labels can they print them

I think they should refund the payment for item (They were foolish to accept paypal when you were arranging courier) but I think the wasted courier fee is your fault for not asking about printer and booking it too soon to send labels to them first class

LavenderGreen14 Sun 09-Mar-14 22:30:38

of course they can file not received - collection is irrelevant in the eyes of paypal/ebay. That is why nobody should ever take anything but cash for a collected item.

TeacupDrama Mon 10-Mar-14 14:05:16

exactly they should not take cash, i did say they were foolish to take paypal ( if I was selling something really big and heavy that was collection only I would insist on cash and if they wished to arrange man with a van for something like a sofa would insist on BACS if they paid by paypal would refund and say cash needed to avoid paypal/collection scam)

but if they file not received all seller needs to do is point out to ebay it is a collection only item and buyer has not collected or arranged courier they will have to refund item cost but as they never charged for courier they will not have to refund OP's courier costs also will not get a strike as buyer did not collect

and my point stands that buyer should have checked re suitability of time for courier collection and whether they had printer, by agreeing to courier they were doing her a favour

OP said they were rude but we do not know what she said to them

LavenderGreen14 Mon 10-Mar-14 14:32:56

I never said they could get ebay to refund the courier costs?

Nobloomingideapgornot Wed 12-Mar-14 15:11:57

Hi all

They agreed to drop off at a local collection point and were happy to accept this instead of collection. They refused to give me an email address after I confirmed the courier had been arranged and only then said it didn't suit them!
They have been rude and disrespectful, I'm waiting to be able to escalate.
They didn't confirm they were happy for me to send the postage labels and just ignored me.
I do have a refund now from courier but they still refusing to refund me for the item.

Cheers

TeacupDrama Wed 12-Mar-14 17:38:55

that's a bit rubbish, though they may not have known they had to print labels

I think you could raise case with ebay, I had a bit of sympathy for them before because you had not checked they could print labels before booking etc but they are clearly being rude and now should refund ebay will make them anyhow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now