Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Seller left part out and wouldn't deliver it

(6 Posts)
stillfrazzled Wed 05-Mar-14 16:02:03

I bought an Ikea sofa bed from a seller 45 mins drive away, and went to collect.

Seller had dismantled it all and packed up the mattress etc. It all looked fine bar rather a lot of cat hair.

I was nearly home when he texted to say sorry, he'd left a bit out by accident. Quite a large bit so couldn't post. But he refused to deliver it to me because his girlfriend was 2 weeks away from due date so he wasn't planning to travel far hmm.

After I pointed out it was very unfair to subject me to another 90-minute round trip for a mistake I hadn't made, he (slightly grudgingly, IMO) agreed to meet halfway and we did that afternoon.

He seemed nice, I understand the imminent PFB thing and the sofabed's OK (I think; haven't built yet). But I'm fairly pissed off as under the circs, I'd have delivered.

What feedback would you leave?

Beanymonster Wed 05-Mar-14 16:08:56

Neutral, personally, he did deliver it, but didn't make it easy.

LavenderGreen14 Wed 05-Mar-14 16:19:00

did he offer a partial refund for your fuel, and did you pay by paypal or cash.

stillfrazzled Wed 05-Mar-14 16:32:37

No he didn't, and unfortunately I paid cash so suspect I have no comeback there. I was just so staggered and cross, and he was makign such a big thing out of the impending baby I momentarily forgot to ask myself What Would MNers Do?

[cross]

LavenderGreen14 Wed 05-Mar-14 16:40:25

I would probably neg then

RedFocus Thu 06-Mar-14 16:43:34

Neg personally. He was a pain and you are out of pocket because you had to drive further than agreed for his stupid mistake. Plus it's got cat hairs all over it! I love my cats but yuck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now