Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Paying with PayPal for a collection only item

(9 Posts)
Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sun 02-Mar-14 21:59:19

Have bid on something which I have arranged to go and collect if I win. I have now won but the seller wants me to pay now with PayPal. I don't mind as I'm buying not selling but is there any risk I haven't obviously considered? It's a risk to the seller because I could pull a fast one and demand a refund, not that I would of course.

pmgkt Sun 02-Mar-14 22:00:59

The item may not be available for collection or not as described but then you claim a refund. Can't see the risk. How much is it

ilovepowerhoop Sun 02-Mar-14 22:02:29

yes, it is a risk to the seller as they will have no proof of delivery

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sun 02-Mar-14 22:04:18

Well that's what I thought, yes. It's no different for the buyer than having something delivered is it? I was of the impression that not many sellers accept PayPal for a collection in case the buyer opens a fraudulent case and gets a refund.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sun 02-Mar-14 22:04:55

Oh yes and proof of delivery. It's fifty quid.

HarrietSchulenberg Sun 02-Mar-14 22:18:57

I sold a cupboard on Ebay the other week and although I'd stipulated cash on collection in the listing, Ebay still displayed the pay by Paypal option to both me and my buyer. I just messaged him and he paid me on collection, then I manually marked the item as paid.

It all looked very misleading, though.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sun 02-Mar-14 22:22:48

Apparently she was happy for me to pay with PayPal so I have. confused

See this is what I love about Mumsnet. You can come on here and ask anything and someone will be able to help. smile

Thank you!

LavenderGreen14 Mon 03-Mar-14 08:44:16

it is a risk if you need to return it if not as described - you would have to return tracked before you got a refund

cash is the safest way for everyone really.

sparkle101 Tue 04-Mar-14 07:29:28

Just make sure you fully check before leaving so you can see any issues before you take it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now