Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Am dealing with a complete prick on ebay.

(9 Posts)
Rooners Sun 02-Mar-14 08:53:42

It's Ok - I am not in desperate need but thought I would share as he is SUCH a cock and it's kind of funny smile

I bought and paid for something which I thought was suitable according to the listing. It was not at all clear what he meant in the description and overnight it occurred to me that he might have meant something different.

So I messaged in the morning to ask for clarification. He wrote back saying it wasn't what I had thought, and he could always relist so let him know.

I wrote back straight away saying 'Oh yes I am so sorry but if that's the case, yes please, this item won't fit'.

Heard nothing till late afternoon when he sent a partial refund and a message saying 'well an email would have been nice, still waiting to hear from you so am keeping some of the money' basically.

I was like, wtf, so I messaged back really politely saying I had replied, and could he check his ebay inbox as sometimes emails don't come through from ebay.

No response.

Waited another day and emailed to ask him why he had kept some of the money. I explained about ebay refunding FVF etc.

I got a RANT in reply - apparently he had been concerned about this aspect and though I had told him he need not worry he was still keeping the money - also he had booked a courier and had to cancel that - etc etc. And if I dared to think about negative feedback he would 'do the same' hmm tbh I'd been thinking positive till now as he is new to ebay and clearly confused.

So I emailed back apologising AGAIN and explaining that I hadn't incurred him any fees, (would have been willing to pay initial listing fee of course, should he not sell on relisting) and saying that if he didn't refund the money I would need to open a case, and would rather have kept things amicable.

I got a reply this morning. He had already sent the item apparently (was paid for around 7pm the night before and he had offered to relist it at 11am the next day) and had had to 'recall' it from Hermes. grin

Like, they do that.

He did sound embarrassed though and said 'will have to pay them something so lets just leave it at that'.

I really, really want to email back saying BOLLOCKS. But I won't.

roadwalker Sun 02-Mar-14 09:04:14

are you going to open a case?
That might encourage him to get his act together

Rooners Sun 02-Mar-14 09:06:04

yy

Have to wait a week. It's only a few quid. But he's not having it.

Rooners Sun 02-Mar-14 09:08:41

I mean I would totally understand if he said, no, sorry, you should have asked for clarification before buying it. Tough.

I would have argued his listing made one assume one thing when in fact it meant another but tbh I sell too and it's crap when someone backs out.

But to not send me even PART of the item and still keep the money is just ridiculous. Can't have it both ways!

lljkk Sun 02-Mar-14 09:08:58

recalling a parcel from myhermes isn't impossible.

RandallFloyd Sun 02-Mar-14 09:09:29

You can't neg a buyer so he's out of luck on that one.
Plus, if you open a case eBay will look at all the messages so will know he's taking shite.

God I hate eBay!

Rooners Sun 02-Mar-14 09:16:15

I did check LL but thanks for the link.

'As a rule we cannot recall a parcel once it has been collected. However, in extreme circumstances we may be able to recall a parcel if the request is made on the day it was collected by our courier. You will still be liable for the original shipping cost.'

Not extreme circumstances really - and he said when he replied to my first message, 'let me know and I can just relist it'. So he clearly hadn't sent it.

Plus the delivery cost was going to be £20. I don't believe for a second that he wouldn't be demanding that back instead of the actual amount he kept.

roadwalker Sun 02-Mar-14 09:20:07

what a knob

LavenderGreen14 Sun 02-Mar-14 09:44:30

you can open a not received case with paypal now - and I would definitely neg him. What a twat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now