Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Payments from buyers 'in process'

(5 Posts)
pinkgirlythoughts Fri 28-Feb-14 18:41:45

I've sold two items this week, both are showing as Payment initiated through Paypal, in process. Neither shows up at all on my Paypal account, and when I click on the 'view order' link, both say link invalid. What could this mean? All I can seem to find on the ebay customer support page is that payments may be 'held' if you're a new seller, or have a below standard rating (I'm neither of these thing), and in any case, it doesn't say the payments are 'held,' it says they're 'processing.' confused

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Fri 28-Feb-14 18:45:00

Only time I've had this is when the email address the paypal payment was sent to didn't have a paypal account. It was my mistake, I'd entered the wrong email address when I set up the sale... You need to contact the buyer either way....

Mandy2003 Fri 28-Feb-14 18:47:45

This generally means that paypal is unhappy with the buyers card and has used an echeque. Usually the buyer knows nothing about it as paypal doesn't tell them. Contact the buyers and say what's happened and get them to check their card details are up to date on paypal and their email is correct too. It is a nightmare when it happens but its only the buyer that can sort it out.

LilyBlossom14 Fri 28-Feb-14 18:54:06

incorrect email address on the listing

the buyer needs to cancel the payment and send the money direct to the right email address

the items in question, if you click on 'sell similar' you can scroll down and see the wrong email address - probably a typo, unless it is an old email you still have access to, in that case you can add that email to paypal and claim the money.

pinkgirlythoughts Fri 28-Feb-14 19:15:36

Yup, email address was incorrect- it was an old listing that I'd relisted, forgetting to change the email address. Have linked it to my Paypal now and both payments received smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now