Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Paypal account 'frozen'

(8 Posts)
Allfurcoatandnoknickers Fri 28-Feb-14 17:13:39

I always say to buyers if they are not happy to contact me first. But OH NO - someone has opened a case against me as an item wasn't as described. I've said I'm happy to refund if they send the item back, and am waiting to hear. In the meantime, Paypal have stopped me using the money he has paid me in my Paypal account, effectively freezing the account. I've added funds from my bank account as I'm bidding on some items that end tonight.
The funds won't be in there until next week, and my buyer won't get their item returned to me very quickly for a refund. Would you just contact the seller and explain to them what's happened, or would you retract the bid?

poocatcherchampion Fri 28-Feb-14 17:32:45

the seller of the thing you are buying? if it is a couple of days I'm sure you dont need to do anything. it might be polite to say that you will pay on monday or similar but I think not essential.

Allfurcoatandnoknickers Fri 28-Feb-14 17:38:26

sorry didn't explain well - meant the seller of the thing I'm buying. I think Paypal tend to be a bit extreme with freezing the accounts though!

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Fri 28-Feb-14 17:40:54

It is annoying but PayPal will always freeze the money that relates to the disputed transaction. They do not freeze the whole account, just that bit of money.

Do you bank online? If so, you can actually transfer money immediately in to your PayPal account - I have had to do it in similar circumstances.

Allfurcoatandnoknickers Fri 28-Feb-14 17:43:39

Yes I have but it says will take 5-7 working days to go in...

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Fri 28-Feb-14 18:01:33

There are two different ways to do it I have discovered - one does take a few days & one is instant. I can't remember how to do it exactly without going into PayPal and trying to do it IYSWIM.

I now have it set up on my online banking so I just click a button and it goes.

LilyBlossom14 Fri 28-Feb-14 18:13:18

you don't need to add money to your paypal to pay. And the buyer of the item did contact you about the item not being as described, the case opens automatically. And of course paypal will freeze the money until the dispute is resolved.

LilyBlossom14 Fri 28-Feb-14 18:14:11

and you can do a bank transfer to paypal to clear the outstanding amount which is instant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now