Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How to get in touch with eBay customer support

(14 Posts)
loveisagirlnameddaisy Mon 24-Feb-14 08:55:19

My DP bid for two ties from an eBay shop, paid for them both but only received one via Royal Mail recorded delivery. When we queried the whereabouts of the second tie, the seller initially said they were out of stock, then that it had been lost in transit and most recently he supplied the tracking order for the first tie, now claiming they were in the same package.

We're opened a case, gone back and forth with messages to the seller but he's not being very accommodating (ie insulting) and has now said he's not going to respond and it's tough luck. So how the hell do we escalate this? No link that we can see to do this, no way of messaging customer support as they fob you off with their answer centre or just tell you to open a case which we've already done. Is there a waiting period? Thanks.

LilyBlossom14 Mon 24-Feb-14 09:22:38

you change the case to not as described and say one of the items is missing.

You have to wait 8 days to escalate it. You can of course leave 2 negs and low stars, but leave them over a week apart then they will count as 2 not 1.

Customer Support is at the top right of my eBay.

loveisagirlnameddaisy Mon 24-Feb-14 10:05:49

Thanks. Will investigate those options. How do you change to not as described? And when does the 8 days start? We've called eBay and their automated line said that our seller was waiting for a response from us (not sure how they evaluate this status) and cut us off.

Also when we go to the customer support link we just get forwarded to the answer centre; there is no option to leave an email.

LilyBlossom14 Mon 24-Feb-14 10:14:11

you log into the case and change it - you don't cancel the case as you can't re-open it.

the days start from when you opened it - if you scroll down it will tell you how long the seller has to respond. But you do need to change the reason to not as described.

It depends what options you choose in customer support as to where you get directed.

loveisagirlnameddaisy Mon 24-Feb-14 10:32:39

Thanks Lily. I'm looking at the case now and there is no option to change the problem. The option you describe is available when opening a new case but not as an edit of an existing case. Do you know what I should do?

LilyBlossom14 Mon 24-Feb-14 10:35:24

customer support should be able to change it for you I think. Do not close it yourself.

loveisagirlnameddaisy Mon 24-Feb-14 12:42:01

That would be great if I could contact customer support- but I can't! Feel like I'm in some parallel universe designed to send me loopy. wink

LilyBlossom14 Mon 24-Feb-14 12:44:14

what option are you choosing?

LilyBlossom14 Mon 24-Feb-14 12:50:54

ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/cusr?query=1649&ref=1

there is a call us button on this page

loveisagirlnameddaisy Mon 24-Feb-14 13:51:41

Thanks Lily, really appreciate your help. We called the number already and it just cut us off as it said that our seller was awaiting a reply from us and then cut us off (see my earlier post). That's true but only because the sellers last post basically told us to f* off and he wasn't interested in discussing the matter further. So there's really no appropriate response to that. But I'm guessing the automated nature of eBay means it still technically looks like we've not replied to him.

The more I'm trying to fathom this out, the more I'm realising that we just have to leave the case open and after 8 days, I'm hoping that the option to escalate the case will appear in the 'respond to case' window.

I'm not sure if we need to respond to him (and for our message to be the last in the queue) in order for escalation to be possible. But the tit for tat messaging could go on endlessly at this rate. One times eBay is more trouble than it's worth...

LilyBlossom14 Mon 24-Feb-14 13:56:36

no you won't have to just wait and escalate, that won't work - you have to change it to a not as described case. Otherwise you will escalate it, he provides tracking and you don't get a refund or your other item.

You can report his messages via myebay, and if you go to the item page itself you can report from there too.

try that number again?

LilyBlossom14 Mon 24-Feb-14 13:58:58

from customer support try the option 'contacting the seller' that brings up live chat, phone numbers and call me options too. you just have to keep trying until you get the right option, then ask them to change the case in the resolution centre to not as described.

loveisagirlnameddaisy Mon 24-Feb-14 16:39:19

Brill thanks, will take a look when the kids are in bed. So if he's provided a tracking number, do eBay then automatically side with the seller? Even though that tracking number relates to another item?

LilyBlossom14 Mon 24-Feb-14 16:56:54

yes - tracking number proves delivery. This is not as described as an item is missing rather than not received.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now