Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I've listed wrong shoe size. Cannot revise or add a note to the listing

(5 Posts)
JamNan Fri 21-Feb-14 08:18:22

A complicated one here.

I bought a pair of boots listed as size UK7 41. When they arrived they were far too big for me so I put them back on eBay. I should have checked the International shoe size chart as I would have discovered that they are actually a UK7.5. The auction finishes in 5 hours and I have a bid on them. Size 41 can clearly be seen in the photos I posted. The bidder placed her bid early this morning then queried the UK shoe size thinking they were a size UK 8 and asking me to confirm the correct UK size. I wrote back to her telling the correct size is UK7.5 then discovered she had already placed her bid. I cannot edit the listing now as it has less than 12 hours to run. I have told the buyer if she wants to withdraw her bid I will quite understand.

The postage is £10 and the bid is £10.99. I have already lost £30 on these ill-fated boots.

What should I do? End the auction now and relist with the correct UK size? Am I worrying unnecessarily? Any help gratefully received.

LilyBlossom14 Fri 21-Feb-14 08:36:35

cancel her bid then & add her to your blocked bidder list - also £10 postage!! You can send them My Hermes of Collect + for under a fiver.

And yes relist at the right size with realistic postage.

JamNan Fri 21-Feb-14 08:52:21

thank you.

The £10 postage is the Royal Mail price. Will investigate My Hermes and other couriers because the Royal Mail prices are eye-watering now.

I don't understand why I should add her to my blocked bidder list. I want her to buy the boots.

LilyBlossom14 Fri 21-Feb-14 09:08:21

so she won't bid again before the auction ends - then remove her from the blocked list when you relist.

JamNan Fri 21-Feb-14 10:56:44

Ah I get it now. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now