Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I've listed wrong shoe size. Cannot revise or add a note to the listing

(5 Posts)
JamNan Fri 21-Feb-14 08:18:22

A complicated one here.

I bought a pair of boots listed as size UK7 41. When they arrived they were far too big for me so I put them back on eBay. I should have checked the International shoe size chart as I would have discovered that they are actually a UK7.5. The auction finishes in 5 hours and I have a bid on them. Size 41 can clearly be seen in the photos I posted. The bidder placed her bid early this morning then queried the UK shoe size thinking they were a size UK 8 and asking me to confirm the correct UK size. I wrote back to her telling the correct size is UK7.5 then discovered she had already placed her bid. I cannot edit the listing now as it has less than 12 hours to run. I have told the buyer if she wants to withdraw her bid I will quite understand.

The postage is £10 and the bid is £10.99. I have already lost £30 on these ill-fated boots.

What should I do? End the auction now and relist with the correct UK size? Am I worrying unnecessarily? Any help gratefully received.

LilyBlossom14 Fri 21-Feb-14 08:36:35

cancel her bid then & add her to your blocked bidder list - also £10 postage!! You can send them My Hermes of Collect + for under a fiver.

And yes relist at the right size with realistic postage.

JamNan Fri 21-Feb-14 08:52:21

thank you.

The £10 postage is the Royal Mail price. Will investigate My Hermes and other couriers because the Royal Mail prices are eye-watering now.

I don't understand why I should add her to my blocked bidder list. I want her to buy the boots.

LilyBlossom14 Fri 21-Feb-14 09:08:21

so she won't bid again before the auction ends - then remove her from the blocked list when you relist.

JamNan Fri 21-Feb-14 10:56:44

Ah I get it now. thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: