Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

People asking for a 'buy it now price'

(5 Posts)
CrockedPot Fri 21-Feb-14 07:18:36

I have been selling bits and pieces on eBay for a while now and have noticed more and more often that I am being asked to give a price on things I have just put in the auction. I am never sure how to respond...I don't want to be rude, but I feel like saying 'you know how eBay works, don't you?' Any ideas how I can politely tell them it's going to auction, without putting them off, or should I just think of an acceptable price? TIA.

IUsedToUseMyHands Fri 21-Feb-14 07:25:23

I know you're not strictly supposed to but I ask this occasionally. Sometimes I want something for a birthday gift or something but there are 6 days left to run and the birthday's in 6 days for example. Sometimes I really really want something and I don't want to risk missing the end of the auction, in which case I expect to pay a bit of a premium to buy it now. Sellers either agree, say politely "sorry I'd prefer to let the auction run", or just don't reply.

desperateforaholiday Fri 21-Feb-14 07:35:14

Ive asked if its something I want sooner rather than waiting for the auction left to run. Sometimes they've added a buy it now price sometimes its been refused. Just politely refuse or add in your listing you don't offer the buy it now option

LilyBlossom14 Fri 21-Feb-14 08:44:37

just reply and say you would prefer to let the auction run.

CrockedPot Fri 21-Feb-14 09:00:38

Thanks for replies! I am such a wimp!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now