Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I could sob

(7 Posts)
pamplem0usse Thu 20-Feb-14 21:11:23

I sold an item at a small profit (c. £3) last week. Today I've received a string of abusive messages saying it was clearly second hand / badly damaged but clearly didn't happen in transit. This is completely impossible given the nature of the item and I have 'before' photos.
I asked for it to be returned for a full refund, they've refused.
I asked for photographs to assess the damage, they've refused. They 'don't owe me anything' apparently and are going to report me for harassment for requesting photos.
This person is clearly a fruit loop but I just want to sob. Having a really tough week, the anniversary of my best friends death yesterday, children and husband all sick and he was supposed to be doing childcare while I work, so no work done either. I don't understand what this person has to gain by sending this sort of message sad

LilyBlossom14 Thu 20-Feb-14 21:33:06

please ignore them - and you are quite right to ask them to return for a refund. You can report abusive messages and you can add them to your blocked bidder list so they cannot bid on any of your items again.

Sadly in a wide market place you will come across folk who will be horrid and nasty - this speaks volumes about them and is not your fault.

Sorry about your best friend thanks

80sbabe Fri 21-Feb-14 23:56:05

So sorry to hear about the rough time you are having thanks
It always seems to me that this sort of situation crops up when we are at our lowest or can least afford to expend the required energy to deal with them.
However you have done exactly the right thing asking for the item to be returned and have also done no wrong in requesting photographs.
Should this buyer open a case with Ebay they will be requested again to return the item for a full refund which is exactly what you've offered.

In your shoes I would contact Ebay asap and make them aware of the communication between yourself and the buyer and point out that a request to return and refund has been offered and rejected.

There is absolutely nothing else you can offer or do in this situation and if a case is opened by the buyer just re-iterate that you will refund upon return and leave it at that.

Unfortunately, as Lilyblossom says these buyers exist and they always seem to crop up at the worst possible moments.
Please try not to let it get to you and be secure in the knowledge that everything you have done so far is fair and correct.

Ilikepinkwine Sat 22-Feb-14 00:05:54

Requesting photographs is standard nowadays in a dispute. It would take them 2 minutes to take some on their phone and put them on Ebay. Ignore and report.

I'm sorry you are getting grief, they sound like nasty pieces of work.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sat 22-Feb-14 00:45:05

eBay can see all the communication between you so they will know what's been said and that you are innocent. Don't worry. Speak to them about it.

Dustyblue Sat 22-Feb-14 01:41:22

Sounds like you've done everything spot-on correct according to ebay policy, and been reasonable & pleasant with the buyer.

They however have done neither, so stuff them. AKAIK, if they can't prove they've sent it back, ebay won't force you to refund (correct me if I've got the wrong everyone?)

So just maintain your stance. I think you've handled it well, particularly as you've got so much else on your plate right now. Sorry you had to cop some random nutter at the worst possible time.

lljkk Sat 22-Feb-14 08:50:35

It's only 3 quid it's not worth this stress. They can't successfully report you for anything if you weren't abusive. Try to focus on real life & wait for them to do something you have to respond to.

Do put them on your blocked buyer list!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now