Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Seller accepted payment, now says she has sold elsewhere- anything to be done?

(5 Posts)
cupofteaplease Thu 20-Feb-14 09:12:52

We bid on an item, lost auction. She then offered us second chance. We accepted, paid her just over £80.
This morning she has messaged to say she has sold the item outside of eBay after the auction had ended.
Is that within the rules? I know you can state on advert that it is advertised elsewhere, but she hadn't. She offered us second chance, took the money, then sold it to someone else.
My dh reckons we'll have to pay fees to retrieve money from Paypal now. Is that right?
Anything we can do?

MirandaWest Thu 20-Feb-14 09:20:24

She should refund you straight away and you won't need to pay any fees. If there's any problem then you will be able to open a case for item not received (not sure how long you have to wait it do that though)

cupofteaplease Thu 20-Feb-14 09:30:24

Thanks Miranda I see now she has just refunded the money so that's all good.

I'm still not happy with the way she's gone about things though, a sale is a sale, surely. If she'd withdrawn item before auction end because she'd found a buyer outside eBay then fine, but to do it after the sale just seems... annoying!

MirandaWest Thu 20-Feb-14 09:33:53

I agree it is rubbish - not sure whether you can do anything about it in terms of reporting to eBay or not.

At least you've been refunded though smile

LilyBlossom14 Thu 20-Feb-14 09:42:05

no you don't need to pay fees, report as non performing seller and leave a neg and low stars - well that is what I would do. And if she sends a cancellation request you can refuse it then she won't get her fees refunded either. Has she relisted it at a higher price?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now