Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Confused by this sale

(19 Posts)
yesyestisme Tue 18-Feb-14 11:55:35

I was bidding on an item that ended a couple of hours ago. I won the item and 2 minutes later got a message from the seller saying they ended it by mistake, they are not selling it to me and are relisting it.

I thought an item could not be ended by the seller if there was less than 12 hours to go and there was bids on it??

Anyway I messaged back asking them to cancel it as it was still in my basket awaiting payment, and asked if it was ebay that ended the sale because they cant. They have cancelled the sale and now it is showing in my purchase history as paid!

Can anyone help/advise please?? Thanks

nickstmoritz Tue 18-Feb-14 12:15:07

contact ebay cs It sounds odd and they could file a non payment case against you. The seller needs to send a cancellation request which you need to accept otherwise they will get charged fvf on the item. Sounds like they wanted more for the item.

yesyestisme Tue 18-Feb-14 12:21:19

Yeah I thought that too. I won it for a lot less than I bid on it!

I will contact ebay. Can I leave neg feedback? I'm annoyed grin

yesyestisme Tue 18-Feb-14 12:25:40

I have just gone on full ebay website (was on app before) to check it out. The seller has marked it as paid, so I have not given any money but they will still get fvf??

Even more confused now!!

LilyBlossom14 Tue 18-Feb-14 12:38:33

non performing seller - you can report them as such and leave a neg and low stars. If they send a cancellation request you can refuse it then they won't get their fees refunded either.

yesyestisme Tue 18-Feb-14 12:39:28

Thanks Lily

nickstmoritz Tue 18-Feb-14 13:30:22

Are they very new to ebay and might not understand? I don't think they should mark as paid if they are not sending you the item. Very annoying for you. You can follow Lil's advice and report them.

PeterParkerSays Tue 18-Feb-14 13:47:47

I suspect they wanted more for the item than they got so want to relist it.

yesyestisme Tue 18-Feb-14 14:00:19

They have been a member since July 2013 so not very long. Judging by their feedback, this item would be the first thing they have tried to sell.

I feel I should tell them to cancel instead of marking as paid as they are going to get fees. But when I messaged them first I just got attitude so.....

yesyestisme Tue 18-Feb-14 14:00:45

Yes Peter I would suspect the same

LilyBlossom14 Tue 18-Feb-14 14:02:08

have you left feedback yet?

yesyestisme Tue 18-Feb-14 14:03:24

Yes Lily, I gave negative feedback and used your comment "non performing seller" !

LilyBlossom14 Tue 18-Feb-14 14:04:25

good for you. maybe if they ended it at the right time of day they may have got the price they wanted.

yesyestisme Tue 18-Feb-14 14:05:38

Yes I think so too, I had actually bid a lot more than I won it for and would have been happy to pay it!!

RedFocus Tue 18-Feb-14 14:58:19

So what would happen if you turned around and said well I paid but it never turned up?? Silly seller, thankfully you gave them bad feedback and that might teach them to not be so naughty in the future.

yesyestisme Tue 18-Feb-14 15:04:24

Oh I wouldn't do that Red!! There are probably some that would try it though. I'm honest grin

LilyBlossom14 Tue 18-Feb-14 17:03:05

you can't claim to have paid because you haven't, it is not possible to file a not received case without payment being made. They can't refund a non existent payment can they.

RedFocus Tue 18-Feb-14 17:08:29

What if you said you paid via postal order? Not that it matters because I wouldn't do it either but someone might try it on and then they would be in an even bigger mess grin glad you are honest op!

LilyBlossom14 Tue 18-Feb-14 17:49:27

paying by postal order makes no difference - the whole point of opening a case is to get your paypal payment refunded.

If no payment is made you report the seller for non performance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now