Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

quick bit of advice, bidder wants a BIN

(6 Posts)
Paleodad Thu 13-Feb-14 07:27:05

hi, i'm a relatively inexperienced seller and not had this before.
basically, i have an item for auction starting at £12. Buyer has bid that amount, and has also messaged me to ask if they can buy it now. The item i have for sale can go for any where between 99p and £30.
I'm tempted to reply asking for £25 for BIN, and if that is acceptable, cancel the auction and relist as BIN.
Is that possible/ethical/sensible once i've received a bid?
thanks!

tealady Thu 13-Feb-14 07:50:09

Personally I prefer to let the auction run its course as it always seems to be popular easy to sell items that get BIN requests. So unless you are in a hurry to sell I would wait and see.

TamerB Thu 13-Feb-14 07:53:53

They are trying it on and want it cheap! Just tell them that you are leaving it to the end, they are welcome to bid if they want.

46direct Thu 13-Feb-14 07:55:05

When this happens to me it depends on how much I think it is likely to sell for - look at completed listings. Or if I have been worried it might not sell at all. If you are sure it will go higher then I would either ask for a higher amount you are happy with or politely reply that you want to let the auction run. If you do sell it on a bin and withdraw the item and get them to pay directly to your PayPal and take item off ONLY when you get the money.

Paleodad Thu 13-Feb-14 09:39:02

Thanks all for the advice. I've replied to the bidder, politely informing them that i'll let the auction run its course.
thanks particularly TamerB as you made me realise that they were not asking for a BIN price, but to end the auction early with their first (£12) bid!

Paleodad Mon 17-Feb-14 11:38:23

And to prove how valuable the advice here can be, the item eventually sold for £31!!!
thanks again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now