Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

how did he know where I lived?

(6 Posts)
Epictantrum Mon 10-Feb-14 20:17:19

I'm a bit confused about a recent ebay transaction. Someone bought something from me collection only, and the following day turned up at my house with the money. I hadn't received any contact from the buyer asking for my address, but did receive an email from ebay which was an automated response to a contact request from the buyer; but this only gave my mobile number, not my address.
It was fine, transaction smooth and friendly buyer, but I don't understand how they got my address? Is it sent automatically to buyers?

Fairylea Mon 10-Feb-14 20:19:29

I don't know if this is what's happened but when I sell stuff on ebay I can click on the buyers details and their address comes up (same as their paypal address) on their details page with their feedback. .. maybe something like that?

AnnieLobeseder Mon 10-Feb-14 20:19:30

It shouldn't have been. Have you checked your privacy settings? We've just bought something on collection only and had to ask for the address.

Epictantrum Mon 10-Feb-14 22:21:29

Hi, I have been through account settings and can't find anywhere that it gives you an option to show/not show buyers your address, other than "payment address" if you accept payment other than paypal, which I don't.

JamNan Tue 11-Feb-14 09:35:42

Your address would have been on the eBay invoice/confirmation of sale surely?

Squirrelsmum Tue 11-Feb-14 10:07:52

I had a shop for a while and one night this guy rang up, wasn't a customer, but he was looking for a different seller and eBay gave him my home number, I always give my mobile number, never home number, but years ago when I first opened my eBay account they asked for it because I use a gmail account not an ISP email.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now