Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Badly wrapped item damaged in post

(7 Posts)
LadySnapcase Thu 30-Jan-14 12:02:21

I bought an box set of books off described as 'new - no damage'. Postage was £7 which was fair enough as it was a heavy item and it was delivered pretty quickly by Parcelforce. However, the set was wrapped in a single layer of brown paper which had ripped off over a large portion of the package, and there is a small amount of damage to the (decorative) box. The seller doesn't accept returns, and I'd still like to keep the set, but am I right to be a bit pissed off that for £7 he couldn't have put a layer of bubblewrap around it or something? And would I be unreasonable to ask for some of the postage refunded or is this something I should take up with Parcelforce? Don't know if I'm being a bit petty or not. The books cost £22 and themselves are undamaged...

LilyBlossom14 Thu 30-Jan-14 12:16:56

he should have packaged it properly - it isn't the courier's fault. And only the seller can claim with them anyway as they had the contract with them

You need to message the seller and ask how they would like to resolve.

And all sellers have to accept returns - regardless of what they state in their listing.

lljkk Thu 30-Jan-14 12:48:24

Is the box important to you? Do you feel you paid extra just for that?

Otherwise, it sounds like you want to punish him for the risk he took rather than the items not arriving as described. I don't see that as grounds for any refund.

Feedback is up to you, but do rate the stars fairly according to what they ask.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 30-Jan-14 12:51:40

He should have put some bubble wrap around it. You wanted a box set, not just the books, so you want the box to be as described as well.

Contact him and see what ideas he has to put things right.

LadySnapcase Thu 30-Jan-14 16:03:45

Thanks for the responses. The box is fairly important I feel, it's sort of a collectors edition of children's books that I bought for DS, I used to have the same ones as a kid and am hoping he'll like them too. I realise in the long run they're going to get damaged through wear, but kind of wanted them to be special..? I wouldn't say I wanted to 'punish him', but am quite annoyed that he took the risk with something that was technically mine when it could easily have been prevented.

Anyway, the bottom line is it wasn't packaged adequately, so I'll contact him and see what he says...

LadySnapcase Fri 07-Feb-14 14:40:34

Just thought I'd update, I raised a case with the seller for the cost of the P&P, had no response at all within the timescale so escalated it to customer services who found in my favour and have refunded me the full amount.

ShatnersBassoon Fri 07-Feb-14 15:09:51

Result! It's worth letting someone know if you're not happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now