Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Please help me decide...

(9 Posts)
Canipleaseaskwhatyouddo Mon 27-Jan-14 10:51:28

I havent really sold much on ebay.

I am going to list my Bugaboo Cameleon (pram system) on eBay. It is in very good used condition but when I got it from the loft it is missing one part (a strut that keeps the carrycot stiff). It is not noticeable but I couldn't sell it without it as I know that it is missing. I can buy a new part for £15 from Bugaboo, or there is one on eBay currently (but there is already a bid on it so may not be much cheaper in he end).

DH says I should just list it and say it is missing. I think if I buy it beforehand I will get more for the pram. What do you think? Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

nickstmoritz Mon 27-Jan-14 11:24:13

I think it depends on what other listings are like. Research prices for complete prams & ones with faults or missing parts. If the difference is significant then buy the part and fit. If not then list accurately and mention missing bit and how much it will cost to replace. You just need to know if spending £15 will achieve enough to make the expense & time worthwhile. Make sure you are very clear about fault when selling so you protect yourself from any problems later. I don't know about prams but this is what I would do for any item.

LilyBlossom14 Mon 27-Jan-14 11:38:50

I think I would spend £15 and sell it complete - I think the hassle of getting a replacement part will put off buyers, not just the cost.

And please if collected ensure only cash and don't let a buyer arrange their own courier either.

Awkwardsis Mon 27-Jan-14 11:41:13

Is it the plastic part that you slot in at either end? Buy a small plastic ruler. Perfect fit, and costs pence

Manchesterhistorygirl Mon 27-Jan-14 11:43:49

I would break it down into its component parts and sell it that way. I did that with my frog and made more then it cost me to buy!

Canipleaseaskwhatyouddo Mon 27-Jan-14 11:51:45

Interesting Manchesterhistorygirl but not sure I can be bothered.

Awkward - yes, that's the bit. Will matter? It is not really needed but is supplied so...

Should I be selling it somewhere other than eBay? I need to get as much as I can for it

Awkwardsis Mon 27-Jan-14 15:28:30

I'd not be bothered if it were me tbh. I've bought lots of bugaboos secondhand and some and them, some didn't. I never really saw the point of that bit at all tbh. I think the cams have gone down a bit in value recently with the release of the updated model so it might be worthwhile splitting it for parts. Or a Facebook local selling group to avoid ebay fees?

Canipleaseaskwhatyouddo Wed 29-Jan-14 09:26:34

Awkward sis. Thanks. Will have a look at local groups. I must say, I am not enamoured at selling on eBay due to the large fees it would incur!

cerealqueen Sun 09-Feb-14 11:38:52

gumtree or netmums?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now