This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here
So how long do you give for someone to pay for a high value item?(34 Posts)
Pushchair sold on eBay Thursday morning. So far I've had no payment and no contact. The price of the pushchair is £550 so not a small sum. I sent a polite email yesterday afternoon asking if they would be collecting or did I need to post as I was going out and could get bubble wrap whilst I was out if it needed posting. I've had no contact whatsoever from the buyer since they used the buy it now option.
It's not the lack of payment but the lack of contact that I'm a bit concerned about
I would find this very worrying! Send them a message giving them a deadline of when you would like the payment. If they don't contact you then re- list the item but put in a dispute on eBay. I would personally give them until Tuesday 5pm. They might be away on a long weekend or something. Xxx
Glad it's not just me then. It was a buy it now too, so its not like it was an auction she had put a max bid on and forgotten about. I'm going to be annoyed if she doesn't pay as I had a lot of watchers on it.
It will sell again, a nuisance but not end of the world.
I would send daily msgs until Monday & then file NPB.
and don't accept paypal if they are collecting it, cash only. I would open the npb now, they still have 4 days to pay - and don't relist until the npb case is closed.
Oh bloody hell I've just looked at her feedback, score of 2, one of which says never paid, never replied to messages. I might aswell relist it now!
well no - you must file the non payer report first otherwise you won't get your fees back plus you need to give her a non paying strike, and you have to wait to close that until you can relist it or you risk 2 buyers for 1 item. And add her to your blocked bidder list too.
Yeah, agree, just go thru formal procedure, it's a nuisance but better than being out of pocket.
if it was thursday the earliest you cn file NPB dispute is 2 days however if she is collecting you do not want paypal on any account
my advise 1 message only tonight
thank you for purchasing the pushchair, please contact me by 6pm Sunday to arrange collection, please arrange collection and cash payment for either Sunday or tuesday/wednesday evening pushchair needs to be collected before friday 19th july.
if you wish this to be sent by courier please inform me by 6pm on Sunday and I will send correct invoice please pay this before 8pm on Monday so I have time to arrange courier to collect on tuesday/wednesday,
alter times to suit if no reply open NPB at 8-9pm on sunday giving a few extra hours then you can close on thursday evening and relist
do not relist before or you could end up with 1 pushchair and 2 buyers then 1 of them could file a non performing seller report so just wait of course add her to blocked bidder list unless she pays and is nice in next few hours
Thing is, do be very polite & professional. If you file NPB but she pays before the case closes, then she gets to leave you feedback. Which will reflect how she thinks you handled this.
I'be just sent another message asking if she could get in touch to let me know if she is collecting/needing post, and also saying that if she no longer wants the item to please just let me know and I will resist.
You really should open an item not paid for case and whatever you do please do not relist until the case is closed either by the buyer paying or by yourself or Ebay because no payment has been received.
As sellers cannot leave negative feedback the only way of protection against non-payers is through cases being opened and followed through. Sellers who have their preferences set to not allow purchasers with multiple non-paid cases will be protected and buyers like your one will soon find that they are blocked time and time again.
You should also use the "report a buyer" button to explain what has happened and flag the buyer's behaviour to Ebay.
If you relist before a case is closed and the buyer by some miracle does pay then you could end up with two buyers and one item and risk your own account standing.
Also please do not be tempted to leave a negative comment on their feedback.
It's a pain to have to wait, I know because I currently have two non-payer cases going on, but it is the best way to proceed.
Right, well she has been in touch to say she still wants the pushchair, and will pay end of this week, but would I take £500 rather than £550! Wish I could just get rid of this joker and relist. Some people really need to look at eBay rules before embarking on buying. Buy it now is exactly that, you click on it, you commit to buy, and you are agreeing to pay the asking price listed. Not what you want to pay after you have ended the listing and messed the seller about for 4 days. Worst of it is I'm going to get stung for £70 fees so realistically I'm not going to come down further on price. The bloody pushchair is ex display fgs!
if you open a case then you will get your fees back - have you opened the case yet?
not stuffed, you just need to open the non paying buyer case, and then close it in 4 days time. And add her to your blocked bidder list too.
No, she's stuffed.
The only relatively good outcome is if OP opens a case & buyer doesn't pay. That's the very best outcome & I don't think OP likes it, either. OP may not get anywhere near as good a price next time she lists, either.
OP opens the case, buyer pays full amount, but leaves terrible feedback. Because she can.
OP opens the case, buyer insists on paying what buyer wants to pay, OP agrees just to get it over with. OP pays too much FVF & Buyer may leave terrible f/back anyway. Just because she can.
OP doesn't open a case, buyer strings her along before paying, leaving OP stressed. Buyer can still leave nasty unfair FB.
Buyer comes to collect & pay but then rejects it and opens a dispute with OP for SNAD! And we all know how SNAD cases go.
I could go on & on.
but they aren't going to pay are they, and if they paid cash and collected a SNAD would be futile. And seller does not have to accept a lower amount.
Hopefully it will work out, Seller will have to tread very carefully. Most people aren't bastards, but THIS Buyer has already proven themselves a nuisance.
"sorry can't wait until end of week, please pay by midnight tonight as already been more than 4 days since you clicked BIN the price is not negotiable and I will arrange courier,
if you are coming to collect please arrange a time with me today and it will need to be before Saturday, if you collect please bring cash with you
then if no reply open non payment case at midnight and do not close whatever she says until the money is either in paypal or in the case of collection real banknotes in your hand do not close because she says she is on her way you can close as early as 4 days but if she said coming on saturday you would just wait the extra day before closing
if she comes to collect she is generally thought of as having inspected goods and having paid cash ebay can't make seller refund, if she rejects it when she arrives seller having opened non payment case then closes it as no payment received end of story you can't leave feedback if you have not paid initially
Are you sure Sarah? I was under impression that the ONLY time (in UK) a buyer can't leave f/back is when a NPB case closes without payment. I'm happy to stand corrected.
It would not surprise me if a buyer could easily win a SNAD case even if it was cash on collection. Buyer could claim they didn't have time to fully check everything was operational, or that fault only became obvious when used properly. How Ebay would enforce refund I don't know, I imagine they have ways.
ebay cannot force a refund if a buyer paid by cash - they have no way of doing it.
but they could put a strike on the seller's account, right? Or ban them from selling altogether? then you have to go stealth to continue selling, I think.
I'm pretty sure she isn't close enough to make collection feasible, I've already stated I won't accept less for it because its basically a brand new cameleon 2 special edition. So if she doesn't want to pay the full whack that she committed to when using the buy it now I have said I'm quite happy to cancel the sale and relist so she can find something within her budget. If she pays on Saturday as she said I'm happy to post, but will take lots of photos first and have it fully insured, and have original boxes to post.
If she doesn't pay I'll open npb and then she will have a strike against her name. I've been polite and more than accommodating, so if she leaves me neg I will dispute with eBay to have it removed
Join the discussion
Please login first.