Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Top Seller Changes

(8 Posts)
lljkk Fri 05-Jul-13 15:15:25

Just recently when I glance at my seller dashboard I get this message:

"The Top-rated seller benefits you receive will also be based on how well you meet new listing requirements. Here's a preview of how your current listings would meet these requirements..."

But I'm not a Top Seller... I mean, I would know if I were a "Top Seller", wouldn't I? So why am I getting that message? confused Do I need to pay any attention? Discussion boards full of msgs from people who are TS but relinquishing it because new reqs impractical. They would be a pain for me, too.

lljkk Sat 06-Jul-13 10:42:51

sarahtigh Sat 06-Jul-13 22:52:06

from august to be a top seller you have to offer 1 free postage option an express delivery service ( ie 1st class and 1 days dispatch time) and a 14 day return policy

the express service does not need to be free

not all your listings need to meet the requirements but only the listings that do will count towards top seller and discounts on fees

lljkk Sun 07-Jul-13 08:07:50

But I'm not a top seller, am I? How would I check for sure?
Is everyone getting this msg when they look at their dashboard?

sarahtigh Sun 07-Jul-13 09:03:26

if you are a top seller or power seller you have a logo next to your ebay name no logo you are not top seller you have to sell a certain amount currently about £2000 a year and over a 100 items

lljkk Sun 07-Jul-13 18:40:46

thanks Sarah, that's kind of what I thought (I don't qualify in any way).
Weird that they are worrying me with such msgs.

RoooneyMara Sun 07-Jul-13 18:52:20

Ebay is about to get impossible, or at least, that is the gist I am getting and I'm not even a business seller.

I'm quite worried about it.

sarahtigh Sun 07-Jul-13 20:36:00

ebay is not interested in the type of business seller I am I sell one off items practically all at auctions as value of antiques/vintage varies most are glass/ china

offering free postage not really viable as so many different packet sizes

ebay likes business sellers that sell lots of the same whether it is t shirts ribbon new car tyres so they complete multiple identical orders with BIN and a courier comes and picks up 30-100 packets a day so easy to negotiate cheap postage etc can easily offer same day or 1 day dispatch and an express service all the same easily comparable etc

I shall loss top seller status as not much free postage and not same day dispatch as i do this part time around looking after DD school runs etc it is a part time side line though a proper business with accounts etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now