Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

please help. i'm stuck!

(12 Posts)
Emilythornesbff Mon 27-May-13 18:46:40

just sold my first items on ebay grin
i am being prompted to send an invoice/ payment details.
i thought it would just happen via paypal. confused
i don't know what to put in the box.
ooh dear.

fergoose Mon 27-May-13 18:57:49

you shouldn't have to enter anything, you just need to send the invoice. What is it asking you to enter?

roguepixie Mon 27-May-13 19:00:37

You don't need to put anything in the box (if you are referring to the box for optional messages). I tend to put something in there along the lines of "Thank you for purchasing this item. I will post it out to you as soon as possible once payment has been received". However, you don't need to - the invoice speaks for itself.

Emilythornesbff Mon 27-May-13 19:01:08

there's a text box.
i'll give it another try.
thank you.

Emilythornesbff Mon 27-May-13 19:07:02

thank you fergose
fingers crossed.

fergoose Mon 27-May-13 19:07:26

you should just hit send - check the p&p is correct and that is that. You shouldn't need to send an invoice.

Emilythornesbff Mon 27-May-13 19:12:07

ok. i just clicked on the send button.
now i just wait?

looking forward to this getting easier grin

HarlettOScara Mon 27-May-13 19:14:52

You only need to put something in the text box if you have particular instructions for the buyer. I usually don't send an invoice straight away unless its for combined postage or some other unusual circumstance. I find most buyers pay within 24 hours or so. I only send invoices if I haven't received payment after 3-4 days. Then I'll send one as a gentle reminder.

fergoose Mon 27-May-13 19:18:13

yes just wait - and if they don't pay in 2 days you open an unpaid item dispute.

Emilythornesbff Mon 27-May-13 19:50:14

so i've just linked my ebay and paypal accounts.
no idea whethr i've done this properly.
quite stressed now. [sob]

Emilythornesbff Mon 27-May-13 20:19:23

ok so dh just helped me properly complete my paypal acct. doh!

Emilythornesbff Mon 27-May-13 21:15:55

Thanks so much. I think it's all sorted smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now