Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Confused about what to do next...

(5 Posts)
JollyOrangeGiant Sun 26-May-13 20:08:15

I won an auction on Friday and within minutes paid by PayPal.

Yesterday the seller contacted me asking how I planned to pay. I replied saying I had already paid through PayPal. They said there's no money arrived in the account.

EBay mobile site says I've paid. But PayPal says the payment status is "Unclaimed". If I go to the details it says that the seller's email address is "Unregistered" and the address is ***@googllemail.com

I messaged the seller last night asking if they are sure their email address was correct. They said it was and they'd never had an issue with PayPal before. I replied with "Are you sure? I thought googlemail was spelt googlemail rather than googllemail. I don't what to do next."

I've had no response to this last message.

Am I being thick or have they done something wrong? The money is gone from my bank account but as it has "unclaimed" status on PayPal I can get it back, apparently. The seller doesn't seem to sell very much despite having over 400 positive feedback.

What should I do next? Just wait?

apatchylass Sun 26-May-13 20:16:21

You must immediately lodge it with Ebay as a contested case and contact the seller telling them you've had to open a file against them in order to get your Paypal money refunded.

Ebay then intervenes and checks how the seller is responding to you, and monitors your correspondences.
If you paid by Paypal you will get a refund. Ebay has been very helpful to me with dodgy sellers like this.

fergoose Sun 26-May-13 20:23:12

wrong email address on listing - you need to log into paypal and cancel the payment, then you need to ask the seller for the correct email address and you can send the money to that address from paypal itself.

You don't need to file a case - you just log into paypal, click on the payment and hit the cancel button.

JollyOrangeGiant Sun 26-May-13 20:39:22

Thank you smile

JollyOrangeGiant Mon 27-May-13 20:49:26

This seems to be sorted out now. Yay! I have feedback of less than 20 so really didn't want to end up with a negative rating for something that clearly wasn't my fault.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now