Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

sold an item and its been returned unclaimed

(3 Posts)
viewwitharoom Sat 25-May-13 20:11:35

I sold some items back in April, one item was returned by the postie yesterday after it was unclaimed by the buyer and sat for at least 3 weeks in the Royal Mail depot. I had to chase this buyer for payment but I haven't heard anything about the parcel not arriving. I sent an email yesterday asking what they wanted to do but no reply as yet. I am not really sure how best to proceed now. I could just refund, if so do I take off the postage charge? What if they say they want it still, can I ask for a second postage payment?

sarahtigh Sun 26-May-13 08:32:03

I would just keep quiet they have only 45 days to raise dispute if they do ebay will refund all money including postage despite them not collecting from PO, if they want it resending I would ask for second lot of postage

viewwitharoom Sun 26-May-13 09:17:34

Thanks for reply, will wait a few days to see if they reply. Its not far off the 45 days. Seems a bit much for ebay to refund postage though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now