Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

item sold last wednesday, still no payment

(8 Posts)
shelley72 Wed 15-May-13 17:56:50

any advice as to what should i do now? contact the seller? or just go ahead and open an unpaid case? is a week long enough to do this? the buyer in question only has one feedback (from years ago) so i have no real way of knowing if they are likely to pay or not. there were other bids on the item, so its a shame if it doesnt eventually sell.

i dont seem to be having much luck with ebay lately..

bluecarrot Wed 15-May-13 18:02:08

Just send a friendly email or issue an invoice requesting payment within 48 hours. If they don't pay by then just open a case smile

lljkk Wed 15-May-13 18:56:12

have you sent a 2nd invoice? I would do 2 or 3 contacts before opening a case, but you can do all the contacts in next 24 hours smile.

Flibbertyjibbet Wed 15-May-13 19:04:42

Send a reminder. Some people only use ebay at work if they don't have a pc at home, and then go on holiday or sick or something just as their auctions are ending!

Ask me how I know...
Or, some send a cheque or postal order in the post if they don't have paypal.

I would not send a case at this stage without messaging them first.

shelley72 Wed 15-May-13 19:36:51

thank you, have just messaged them and sent an invoice for payment through. hopefully they have just forgotten about the item!

fergoose Wed 15-May-13 19:55:08

I disagree - you have waited a week. Open the case now, this gives them another 4 days to pay. No point waiting any longer.

Tryharder Wed 15-May-13 21:00:09

I am fucking sick of non payers wasting everyone's time. I actually don't mind if someone wins an auction, changes their mind and writes a nice email to me informing me of such. At least I can cancel the transaction and relist quickly.

But most bid on stuff, don't pay, ignore friendly emails. Twats.

lljkk Thu 16-May-13 10:02:29

did you invoice them previously? A lot of people will not pay until you invoice (don't ask me why)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now