Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

clothing described as 'ex' boden/joules/hobbs etc

(6 Posts)
shelley72 Mon 13-May-13 16:58:25

firstly what does it mean exactly? would they be fakes? it says new but 'labels removed to prevent store returns'. secondly, has anyone ever been tempted?

am looking for some cheap summer dresses and have seen what looks to be last season stuff on there - which i dont have an issue with, but i dont want anything to fall apart on first wear!

TIA

Branleuse Mon 13-May-13 17:02:36

ive bought "ex" petit bateau bathrobes for the kids which were all gorgeous and wash beautifully also an ex boden dress which is also gorgeous. im not really sure what it actually means because although I saw them through a search for those brands, I bought them because of what they looked like and the quality has been good so far

fergoose Mon 13-May-13 17:07:43

old season's stock with tags removed isn't it - I guess they buy in bulk wholesale?

Charmingbaker Mon 13-May-13 17:15:18

I've bought Boden bits on eBay for myself and DS2. I also buy lots from the Boden catalogue and the items I've got off eBay are definitely genuine, just last years stock. I've bought jeans for myself which haven't had any labels removed and bought 2 t-shirts for my DS which had a cut through the Boden label. The only thing you have to be careful with is knowing the size will fit you as you can't return the item. I've bought Boden jeans for years so know what size fit me (the reason I first bought some on eBay was because they didn't have my size in stock on the Boden website so I looked on eBay and found last years version for half the price- the only difference was the trim inside the waistband).
The other thing I would advise is making sure the seller has lots of positive feedback.

BikeRunSki Mon 13-May-13 17:27:03

It is overstocks of genuine articles. The labels are cut so you can't take them back to the original shop and ask for a full price refund, in the same way that Next put pen marks on the labels of stuff in their sales.

shelley72 Tue 14-May-13 15:58:11

thank you all. once the baby is here i might go for it then and get a few cheap things for summer before the baby weight settles down. had my eye on last summers boden crossover spotty dress. just need some summer now <ever hopeful>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now