Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

(6 Posts)
bemybebe Mon 13-May-13 14:13:56

I have never sold anything on ebay - always bought. I now have to start selling as I really overspend and need funds. I am boggled at the selling options available, so I would kindly ask for advice. I would like to sell a bnib tens machine at half RRP and around where they are selling on ebay (more or less). This is what I would like in hand, around 40£. How do I list it - auction, buy it now? How should I send it - is 1st class signed for be sufficient? How do I list the postage - as a additional charge or as part of the price? Do I give the option to collect in person and does it cost more? Sorry if some questions are stupid, with a 10mo being sick it is hard reading ebay terms and conditions let alone understand them ;)

fergoose Mon 13-May-13 14:43:29

you can list as buy it now but it will cost. If listed at auction start at 8.30-9pm, start at the minimum you will accept, and list on a free listing weekend. The postage is added separately, you may find MyHermes or Collect+ is cheaper than RM and give proof of delivery. You can add the tracking info to the item once it is posted.

If collected in person you don't charge postage, it doesn't cost any more, but you must never take paypal, only cash for collected items.

bemybebe Mon 13-May-13 15:01:48

Thank you fergoose! I have stuck it on buy it now for now and hiked up the price to co ver the fees. This is the first time I putting anything up for sale, so i am a bit nervous. We will see! smile

bemybebe Mon 13-May-13 15:03:08

Btw, why cash for collected items? I see it all the time mentioned but why can't people pay pp then collect?

fergoose Mon 13-May-13 15:07:20

because they can claim to not receive and as you don't have online proof of delivery ebay will give them back their money, so you lose your item and the money.

bemybebe Mon 13-May-13 16:11:11

Ok, that is clear, thank you very much! I just checked I have 3 watchers of my item - how exciting!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now