Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Wrong email address

(4 Posts)
ChesterCake Mon 06-May-13 16:14:26

I bought 4 items of clothing from 1 seller last night and ive just had a message from her to say she's misspelt the email address for PayPal.

I asked her to add the wrong address to her PayPal but she replied
"Yea I have tried doing this sad but says they will send an email to that email address but its not a valid email addy I just put an extra l on end of hotmail like a wally sad, so I contacted eBay and they said the only option I had was to email people and get them to cancel payment and then send then an invoice, if you know how I can do it any other way then pls let me know sad thanks"

I really want these tops but don't want to loose my eBay protection incase it's not as describe or she refuses to combine postage then only send one parcel or something, does anyone have any idea please?

Thank you smile

fergoose Mon 06-May-13 16:20:07

just cancel the wrong payments, get her to send you a combined invoice with the right email address and it will be ok. You can open not as described dispute in paypal itself and if she refuses to combine the invoice just don't pay her.

NaturalBaby Mon 06-May-13 16:53:49

I was a seller who did this a while ago and it took a lot of explaining to get the buyer believe that I'd made an honest mistake - there was nothing I could do as the seller as I had no access to the incorrect email address so the buyer had to cancel then resend the money to the correct paypal address.

ChesterCake Mon 06-May-13 16:58:41

Thank you both for your help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now