Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Ebay newbie

(9 Posts)
kissmelittleass Fri 03-May-13 16:43:18

Been trying to sell a few items last few weeks (collectables and clothes mainly) and nothing sells! am guessing its because I have no feedback but we all have to start somewhere, what do I need to do then any tips on how to get the ball rolling- thanks!

mmmmmchocolate Fri 03-May-13 16:58:07

Perhaps try buying your packaging that you'll need to send your items to get a few feed backs.

Then do a search for the items you have to sell that have been listed recently and check that your title contains the words required to come up in searches and then check your prices. For example if a recent item sold for £5 and you're listing it for £20 it's not going to sell.

But it won't help that you have no feedback history unfortunately.

Footface Fri 03-May-13 17:53:00

I don't find clothes sell that well, unless designer.

Defo buy something to get some feedback

DiscoDonkey Fri 03-May-13 21:44:02

Buy a few things to get feedback from sellers. Maybe sell a few cheaper things for a couple of quid, low risk to a buyer if you have no feedback. I started buy listing tons of dvd's for 99p to build up feedback and made sure I posted the following day so people got them quickly and left them feedback quickly.

kissmelittleass Fri 03-May-13 22:01:49

Thankyou! will try buying something first then and see what happens! Any more tips to get me started very welcome, have so much to sell!

DiscoDonkey Fri 03-May-13 23:20:04

I may have got my mum to buy some stuff and leave me feedback blush

fergoose Sat 04-May-13 06:42:14

well that is silly, plus you will have all those fees to pay, plus buyers can see if you have relisted something and will see you have already 'sold' that item.

You have just made yourself look like a fraudster now.

lljkk Sat 04-May-13 09:12:38

Sales are slow right now, anyway.

DiscoDonkey Sat 04-May-13 10:10:47

Get over yourself fergoose, it was a 99p item and I didn't relist it anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now