Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How have you been posting since Royal Mail doubled prices?

(2 Posts)
INeedThatForkOff Fri 03-May-13 10:49:14

I haven't got around to eBaying since RM introduced the medium parcel, which resulted in doubling the price of posting a single item of clothing. I used Collect + for the parcels I was sending at the time, and although it worked fine, I think £4 is still steep for an item of clothing.

So what to do? I'm still seeing, say, jeans with a £2.50 postage charge for sale. Either the sellers must be taking a hit or don't realise that prices have gone up yet. I could sell in bundles but I personally don't buy that way as I prefer to have more choice.

Is anyone using MyHermes, and if so, how much do they charge to collect?

The other option is Facebook selling pages I suppose, but they're so full of shit all sorts of stuff with no way of filtering, that I can't imagine getting much for decent quality clothes.

sarahtigh Sat 04-May-13 09:29:07

myhermes under 1kg about £3.30 to collect £3 if drop at shop

however you should be able to pack jeans as small parcel in a bag as dimensions are 35x45 x8cm you would not get a coat that small

not had any problems with my hermes but as cheap i guess if there is a problem thye may not be as great at sorting it

it is tracked which is enough for ebay/ paypal you do not have to pay the extra £1 for signature ebay/ paypal require only tracking for seller protection

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now