Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Nervous about selling to someone with 0 feedback.

(11 Posts)
ChillinMarvin Thu 02-May-13 20:44:01

So I know everyone has to start somewhere.. But I've already had 2 problems of non payers/ saying item not as described.. Now my carseat has gone for a good price but they have 0 feedback... I really don't want to sell it and then worry about it. Argh

NotTreadingGrapes Thu 02-May-13 20:47:54

I expect when you had 0 feedback your first seller thought the same.

That said, don't sell it to the winner if you don't want to.

you meanie

myfirstkitchen Thu 02-May-13 20:49:10

You can change your settings so no one with zero feedback can bid

Mutt Thu 02-May-13 20:50:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fergoose Thu 02-May-13 20:51:44

send it tracked to cover yourself and add the tracking info to the transaction.

ChillinMarvin Thu 02-May-13 20:53:53

I'm not a meanie! The 2 problems I've had were the ones with 0 feedback. I can't afford to sell the carseat to someone who might trash it and then say item not described or whatever like the last person hmm.

Thanks for that information, I will change my settings.

MrsZoidberg Fri 03-May-13 10:38:35

Whilst you're changing your settings, set it to also ban people with 2 NPBs within 12 months.

I run a shop and my heart drops at the moment when I see it's a newbie. Some are great, but of the 5 items awaiting payment at the moment, 3 are from newbies. This past week I have had 4 NPB cases - all with newbies. I'm not a big shop - I sell about 100 per week, so this equates to about 9% non payers.

I think Ebay need to make it much clearer that when you click on the Buy-it-Now, or bid on an item, then you are committed to buying it.

Mutt Fri 03-May-13 18:23:35

ananikifo Fri 03-May-13 18:38:33

Is it not too late anyway, if the person has already won the auction?

Mutt Fri 03-May-13 20:41:22

ChillinMarvin Sat 04-May-13 10:46:02

Thank you for all the advice! It's just that Its the second time I've re listed the carseat because of a non payer, and its sitting all boxed in my front room and getting on my nerves! I'm still awaiting payment from her, so hopefully they do pay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now