Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How long should you leave a buyer to pay?

(3 Posts)
FatimaLovesBread Thu 02-May-13 15:03:22

Hi
I'm relatively new to selling. I had 11 items finish on Sunday evening, 6 paid Sunday, 2 on Monday and 2 on Tuesday. They were all posted Tuesday and Wednesday. I am still waiting for payment on one item. How long should I give them before getting in touch?

I'm going on holiday on Saturday and though a week would be plenty of time for people to pay and for me to dispatch before I go. Should I send them a quick message to see if they'll be paying before Saturday?

It's all packaged up and ready so I can leave it with my mum to post, will just have to make sure I keep an eye on eBay on holiday of that's the case.

DiscoDonkey Thu 02-May-13 18:36:12

Send them a message today, if they don't respond by tomorrow open an unpaid item dispute with ebay

fergoose Thu 02-May-13 20:01:48

I would just open the dispute now, that still gives them 4 more days to pay. No point emailing & waiting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now