Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Item hasn't arrived, but I definitely posted it

(5 Posts)
QueenMaeve Mon 29-Apr-13 17:40:25

I posted an item, 2nd class delivery last monday. It hasnt arrived says the buyer. I only have my post office recepit, no tracking number. What happens now as its her word against mine. I've been ebaying for 3 years and never had this happen before.

fergoose Mon 29-Apr-13 17:43:09

after 3 weeks it is considered lost, you then refund your buyer and claim for the lost item from RM - and send tracked in future is my advice.

magpie2 Mon 29-Apr-13 17:46:56

This happened to me too. Had to refund. I still think they decided to say it didn't arrive when they saw it wasn't tracked. Still fuming a year on and haven't used ebay since.

superbagpuss Mon 29-Apr-13 17:49:04

did you get a proof of purchase free when sending?

most annoying one was when someone who lived in the next village bought something off me, I delivered by hand and they claimed they never got it so I ended up out of pocket.

no more Mr nice guy now

QueenMaeve Mon 29-Apr-13 21:30:25

it was the village post office. I normally leave my parcels in the shop in the evening and then call the next day after work to pay for the postage, they just pin the receipt to the board behind the till! My own fault really

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now