Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

would you expect refund/replacement or nothing at all?

(8 Posts)
ThePendant Mon 22-Apr-13 11:12:46

I'm not sure about this one...

I ordered an acrylic cake board that cost about £12.
It arrived badly chipped in a couple of places but I didn't have time to send it back for a replacement in time for the party. So I sent the seller photos of the damage but acknowledged that I'd had to remove the protective film and use the damaged board.

Would you expect a (partial) refund or a replacement, or would you think that my decision to use the damaged board means that i'm entitled to nothing?

fergoose Mon 22-Apr-13 11:14:18

I think they should refund in full and claim for the damaged item from royal mail themselves.

ThePendant Mon 22-Apr-13 11:24:34

thanks.
they are refusing to refund so I've opened a claim through ebay.
I'd have settled for a partial refund tbh, but they are saying that I've breached their returns policy by removing the flim and so am not eligible for a refund/replacement.
Poor customer service IMO. Shame because it is a beautiful board and I'd prob have ordered in other sizes.

fergoose Mon 22-Apr-13 12:33:25

make sure you leave appropriate feedback too.

lljkk Mon 22-Apr-13 17:50:39

I'm with seller.
Asking for full refund is pants when you went ahead & used it anyway. If it wasn't fit for purpose you shouldn't have used it at all.
I would have refunded you in full to protect f/back but put you on my blocked list immediately.

SNOWBall4girlz Mon 22-Apr-13 19:02:50

If it was broken and you took pictures before you used it then I as a seller would have offered you a partial refund. She cannot take it back if you have used it but could claim for damaged in post from

SNOWBall4girlz Mon 22-Apr-13 19:05:28

Royal Mail ...computer froze sad

ThePendant Mon 22-Apr-13 23:02:06

Thanks.
Interesting to get mixed views as I really wasn't sure.
I reckon a partial refund is fair as I've ended up with a useable but damaged item.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: