Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

In a no fault refund does the seller lose their money ?

(6 Posts)
Willowisp Tue 16-Apr-13 22:07:53

I've recently sold a brand new item, which actually is new. I've sold it because it was too big & looked ridiculous on me.

The buyer is complaining about something stoopid & I bet what's happened is it doesn't fit & she is angling for a refund.

If I ask her to return it, what happens if a) it doesn't arrive & b) it's damaged (by her)

Or

She opens a dispute, wins (do sellers ever come off better ?)

or it becomes a 'no fault' conclusion & she keeps item, do I keep the payment ?

PigletJohn Wed 17-Apr-13 05:22:08

Does she say it does not conform to description?

What does stoopid mean?

Willowisp Wed 17-Apr-13 08:31:18

Stoopid means stupid - she has concocted a made up readon blush

Yes it does confirm to the description. I think it doesn't fit or she doesn't like it & wants to return it for a refund & is 'blaming' me as I don't 'accept returns'

fergoose Wed 17-Apr-13 08:32:33

a no fault refund is paid by ebay, so no the seller keeps the money and the buyer does not have to return the item for a refund. They don't happen very often now though I don't think.

If ebay tell the buyer to return the item, the buyer has to provide proof that it has been delivered back to the seller, or an attempted delivery has at least been done. If an item is damaged you would need to pursue that with the buyer, small claims probably.

fergoose Wed 17-Apr-13 08:33:35

also - you stating you don't accept returns is completely irrelevant, so that can be ignored. If ebay rule in their favour you will have to accept a return. You don't really have a choice.

Willowisp Wed 17-Apr-13 10:56:18

Thanks - yes I'm aware that the no returns is never applicable, having returned items that don't fit the description in the past. Always worth adding though smile

Buyer is returning item to me & is still insistent that it isn't new - which it is. Completely, utterly new/unworn. Apparently I will 'see' what she means, when it arrives back which makes me wonder that she'll deface.

I wouldn't mind if it was something I missed & have said to her, better if she just ask to return because she doesn't like it, rather than invent a problem.

Blaaah ! Am sucking it up !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: