Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Finding listings with postage only.

(8 Posts)
lollilou Tue 16-Apr-13 11:38:14

Hi I may want to buy something quite large and heavy from Ebay is there a way to bring up listings only with postage? Most are pick up only and because I live on an Island thats not possible. Thanks.

Flibbertyjibbet Tue 16-Apr-13 11:46:54

If you see something you are interested in, I would email the seller and explain the situation and ask if its possible in this instance to arrange a courier.

I mostly ask for pick up only on large things because couriers and posting of large things is a faff. But I would consider it with good reason. Courier costs go up though for inaccessible places so I'd get a couple of estimates from couriers first.

MrsZoidberg Tue 16-Apr-13 18:10:17

I'm also looking to buy a large item and I've noticed that whilst the Postage section says Collection only, within the description a lot of them also give courier prices, so if you limit your search, you may miss some.

Most of the couriers charge a great deal for island deliveries though, along with Northern Ireland and the Highlands.

lollilou Tue 16-Apr-13 18:37:11

Thanks for your replies, where I live is a strange one for postage some places won't post here,some accept it as part of mainland and some charge a fortune! Always worth asking I just thought most sellers wouldn't want the hassle.

Purplehonesty Tue 16-Apr-13 18:49:25

I'm nosy, what is it you want?!!

ChocsAwayInMyGob Tue 16-Apr-13 18:51:58

I'm evern nosier. Where do you live? is it the Channel Islands?

lollilou Tue 16-Apr-13 21:58:04

I want a king size metal bed frame with head and footboard hopefully gothic style for my daughter who has my old memory foam mattress on the floor at the moment
I live on the Isle of Wight.smile

ChocsAwayInMyGob Tue 16-Apr-13 23:07:18

Lucky you. I went there on hols and thought it was a gorgeous place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now