Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

What's the best way to send a heavy pushchair?

(4 Posts)
CrustardCream Mon 15-Apr-13 18:11:29

I need to send a pushchair to a buyer within the uk. The pushchair is 13kg without packaging so with a box and padding I am going to have a 100x60x45 cm parcel that weighs around 15kg with value of £300.

Can anyone recommend the best (cheapest but reliable) way to send something like this? it doesnt have to be super speedy, a 3-5 day service would be fine.

Parcel2go only seems to come up with £50+ quotes and the only other thing that comes up elsewhere is City Link around the £28 mark but I have heard of some poor experiences with city link.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be really grateful.

Thanks!

JazzAnnNonMouse Mon 15-Apr-13 18:15:19

I just googled pushchair courrier and went with the £20 one

crazydrunkevilyoni Mon 15-Apr-13 18:47:58

My Hermes , won't cost more than £10 & you can drop off at your local My Hermes collection point to save waiting round all day .
I have sent hundreds numerous pushchairs and never had a problem with them

CrustardCream Mon 15-Apr-13 20:54:44

I thought it was a bit strange that parcel2go didn't quote for myhermes. They usually do and I like using them.

Looking on the myhermes website it would be £13.50 but the max compensation level is £250 which would leave me £50 adrift if anything happened to the parcel. I'm not sure i would be happy taking that risk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now