Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Item received in pretty poor condition, what can I do?

(3 Posts)
YouHaveBeenOutbid Fri 12-Apr-13 20:37:46

I recently won a dress on eBay (for once I wasn't outbid!). It arrived today and the condition is dreadful. It was described as worn a few times but is bobbled and faded. The seller has a feedback rating of 99 point something over thousands of transactions. What can I do? Do I contact them and ask for a refund? Do I send it back at my own expense? Do I need to open a case?

I definitely won't wear it although it fits beautifully. It's ready for the bin.

fergoose Fri 12-Apr-13 21:17:41

yes - contact and ask for a refund. If the seller is decent they will pay return costs if they want it sent back, you can't force them to do that but you are entitled to all of your original payment back including the p&p. And if they do want it back send with signature, My Hermes or Collect+ may be cheaper than royal mail.

YouHaveBeenOutbid Sat 13-Apr-13 08:10:55

Thanks, I will do then. I'll also avoid Royal mail - I got stung this week posting a pair of sandals. It cost me double what I charged the buyer sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now