Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Winner wants to pay using a different account

(5 Posts)
Footface Wed 10-Apr-13 13:22:26

Winner contacted me today, saying she has problem with her PayPal, also saying she will pay with her mums accounts.

Any one think this could be a problem for me?

fergoose Wed 10-Apr-13 13:40:22

I wouldn't accept it, the item won't be marked as paid as it won't be the buyer checking out, plus the address to send it would be wrong I guess

tell her to send cheque, postal order or to do a bank transfer - bombproof for you so no comeback whatsoever then.

Melpomene Wed 10-Apr-13 13:46:32

I can't really see how it would put your in a worse position. If you're the seller then it's not going to harm you if the item is marked as unpaid when it actually has been paid. And once you're satisfied the payment has gone through you can mark it as paid.

Surely the worst that could happen is that the payment could be cancelled after you've sent the item - which could also happen if the buyer used their own account.

I wouldn't be concerned unless there were other factors suggesting a need for caution (such as a high value item or if the buyer had poor feedback.)

MoreBeta Wed 10-Apr-13 13:50:49

I have a vague recollection that people have had problems with thsi in the past when accepting this arrangement on Ebay.

Could the buyer cancel payment after you have sent the item? I would not accept a cheque either as that can be cancelled.

sarahtigh Wed 10-Apr-13 19:16:12

yes but it costs at least £7 to cancel a cheque so unless for a big amount highly unlikely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now