Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Advice needed please! Item not received

(6 Posts)
KatoPotato Mon 08-Apr-13 13:07:40

Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help. For the first time ever I've not received an item I paid for.

I paid by paypal, and the dress was marked as 'posted' on the 15th March. I gave it ample time and then got in touch to ask what address they had sent it to.

The seller provided my post code and house number (all correct) and I agreed to wait a little longer.

It's still not arrived so I contacted her again ,and now she is offering to send me the postage receipt so I can 'claim it through Royal Mail' Is this the correct procedure or should she be refunding me then claiming it herself? Don't want to do the wrong thing.

Thanks in advance!

Familyguyfan Mon 08-Apr-13 13:31:04

Hello, the seller has the contract with Royal Mail, not the buyer. Open a dispute with eBay (reason is not received) and they will help with this. You will receive your refund (including postage) and the seller can get her refund from Royal Mail using her receipt. You do not do this!

KatoPotato Mon 08-Apr-13 13:32:35

Thanks for your help, I thought that should be the case, should I tell her I'm reporting it or just do it?

Familyguyfan Mon 08-Apr-13 19:44:46

You can certainly tell her. I'd advise being nice (not that I think you wouldn't) and simply say that the item hasn't arrived. As she is the seller, she needs to get in touch with Royal Mail to organise her refund, and you need a refund a.s.a.p. Either she can sort this out, or you can raise a case and eBay will sort it out.

I seem to think that eBay has a new system where a case is opened automatically if you e-mail the seller but I haven't experienced it myself.

sarahtigh Tue 09-Apr-13 10:00:48

no need to open case at this stage just a polite note saying,

"I have now waited 3 weeks for the item, please refund me as in ebay terms it is sellers responsibility to get the item to buyer, I wish you all the best claiming your costs back from Royal mail, once I have my refund i will of course agree to a request to cancel transaction so you can get your fees back if this can be all sorted in the next day or so there will be no need for me to open a not received case

regards kato"

KatoPotato Tue 09-Apr-13 10:32:16

Thanks guys, I've sent your reply sarah so lets see!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now