Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Sorry another question. Couriers?

(7 Posts)
AlrightOnTheNight Sun 07-Apr-13 12:28:12

Someone has messaged me from Ireland (I'm in London) asking if I will ship to Ireland or can she arrange a courier.

I'm using the collect and track I think it's called, my p&p is £4.99. Will shipping to Ireland make the postage increase a lot? And can anything dodgy happen if she arranges a courier?

TIA

fergoose Sun 07-Apr-13 13:06:49

you must never let the buyer arrange their own courier, leaves yourself wide open to being scammed.

AlrightOnTheNight Sun 07-Apr-13 13:45:50

Thank you so much, I am a proper novice! So should I just say no sorry will not deliver to Ireland? Or look I to couriers that I will arrange on her behalf.. Actually that sounds very long, and something I won't have the time to do! Thanks for the heads up.

fergoose Sun 07-Apr-13 14:49:59

well if you find out a price for courier to Ireland and they are happy to pay that amount it would be fine - up to you of course.

You just amend the invoice reflecting the higher post cost after the auction ends.

borninastorm Sun 07-Apr-13 15:13:29

it depends on where in Ireland you're shipping to. If they have a postcode it shouldn't be too much more expensive. But if it's Eire the courier costs can be huge.
But other posters are right, if they're willing to pay the extra just change the invoice.
It might be worthwhile putting on your ebay listings that international buyers (including Eire) should to contact you for postage prices before buying.
And unless you have a business account with a courier, courier's can charge a lot of money to ship anywhere.
Royal Mail may be a cheaper way for you to post to Ireland.

sarahtigh Sun 07-Apr-13 21:52:14

collectplus is no extra to northern ireland postcodes all start BT I think

european priority parcelforce is about £24; with parcelforce it is actually cheaper to use parcelforce via parcel2go than directly grin

depends on size and weight of item obviously it is too big/heavy for airmail but courier prices do not vary much whether 5 or 20kg as it is space in van that matters so long as light enough to be handled by one person ( absolute limit then being 32kg) beyond that it is a 2 person job or a [pallet then it does get expensive

AlrightOnTheNight Mon 08-Apr-13 13:51:02

Thank you everyone. I've asked her for the postcode she wants it shipped to, and I said I will see if I can send it depending on prices.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now