Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

What's wrong with PayPal?

(5 Posts)
AlrightOnTheNight Sat 06-Apr-13 10:38:40

I've just started selling on eBay, and I've been reading the threads here which have been very helpful(especially about postage going up in the post office).

But I've read about people not trusting PayPal transactions especially when it's collection. Why is this?

I just listed something as collection and put cash on collection because I've read it on here but I don't know what the reason is!

Thanks.

fergoose Sat 06-Apr-13 10:59:22

because people collect, pretend not to receive, do a chargeback and get their money back as seller has no online proof of delivery, seller has no item and no money.

AlrightOnTheNight Sat 06-Apr-13 12:19:16

Oh ok thanks! That's very bad of people. I hope I don't have any trouble selling my things. I've had I've bid on something cheap but his feedback is full of 'non payer and time waster' hmm

fergoose Sat 06-Apr-13 12:21:56

in that case i would add them to your blocked bidder list and remove their bid - not worth the hassle.

AlrightOnTheNight Sat 06-Apr-13 17:05:45

Oh thanks, didn't even know I could do this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now