Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Postage costs

(8 Posts)
MoreSnowPlease Fri 05-Apr-13 16:52:49

How do you know how much it's going to cost to send an item before you have a buyer? Surely it's based on where it is going? How does everyone else work out what to charge?

SuzySuzSuz Fri 05-Apr-13 17:02:58

Look on the royal mail website, weigh the item and packaging you'd be sending it in and that will give you the royal mail postage cost.

sarahtigh Fri 05-Apr-13 19:47:48

though unless its a small packet you would be better off with courier they normally go as under 1kg/2kg /5kg

lololizzy Fri 05-Apr-13 22:28:16

If you are only sending within UK, it's def not based on where it's going. It's done by weight and bulk. (read recent posts re this as it's changed again eg you could send something very light like a cushion, but postage would be high due its bulk) I'm now having to keep my packaging to a minimum to avoid bulk :-(

lololizzy Fri 05-Apr-13 22:29:04

I am talking about Royal Mail though. I can't deal with the £3 increases on most of my items (due to size not weight) and switching to courier.

K8Middleton Sat 06-Apr-13 12:36:31

Royal Mail price for the whole of UK excluding Channel Islands. So set your settings to only sell to UK and exclude Channel Islands from your shipping options.

If you have an iPhone try Postie app

MoreSnowPlease Mon 08-Apr-13 07:38:51

Thanks all, you learn something new every day! We have gone with hermes as it seems to be pretty good value. And trying [anyvan.com] to courier the larger items.

MoreSnowPlease Mon 08-Apr-13 07:39:15

anyvan.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now