Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Im screwed aren't i? Seller now ignoring me.

(8 Posts)
VIX1980 Fri 05-Apr-13 10:11:57

I bought some mosaic tiles from a seller on ebay in february, due to the house being renovated i checked the top sheet as the box looked like it had curved in the middle through delivery, the top few sheets were fine so didnt think too much about it.

I finally got round to doing the patch of tiling that needed doing at the weekend, upon taking all the sheets out, most of them have glaze missing/discoloured chipped etc. All this was not through transit as discolouring woulsnt have happened this way.

I emailed the seller on tuesday to let him know and say i felt a bit ripped off, he emailed straight away saying he was sorry, if i sent pics he would replace them, all fine Took the pics sent them email thanking him for being so understanding and helping me out..... No reply, Nothing at all, not even a haha your not getting the tiles at all. I tried to open a case, wouldnt you just know the 45 days i had ended on wednesday so now its too late.... Ive had a friend email him from work asking a question about something he was selling, he replied within 10 minutes so hes basically just ignoring me. I dont have £60 to replace the damaged tiles. Is there anything at all i can do? apart from leave feedback warning other people?

dontwanttobefatandforty Fri 05-Apr-13 10:16:40

Is it too late to go through Paypal?

MrsZoidberg Fri 05-Apr-13 10:17:03

I think Paypal's cut off is 60 days to start a dispute so you could try them?

fergoose Fri 05-Apr-13 10:28:06

45 days to open not as described dispute. Was it funded by credit card - if so you may be able to do a chargeback. And if you haven't already please leave neg feedback.

VIX1980 Fri 05-Apr-13 11:07:06

I just tried the resolution centre on ebay and was told it was over the 45 days, When i worked it out it ended on wednesday just gone!

I'll try and go through paypal again but i kept being re directed to the resolution centre on ebay when ive tried previously, It wasnt done on credit card it was on debit card from my bank account, not sure if they can do chargebacks, but Ive emailed him again this morning saying if i havent recieved a satisfactory response by tonight with tracking number that i can track myself i will have no choice to report him for selling faulty goods through the ebay buyer programme and also to trading standards along with warning other potential buyers by leaving negative feedback.

Bit of a bluff but im praying it may jolt his conscience into doing the right thing. Hopefully he doesnt come on here and read the ebay boards grin

fergoose Fri 05-Apr-13 11:31:16

you are too late for ebay or paypal - they won't do anything now. Your only recourse with them now is feedback.

Was the debit card verified by visa?

consumer direct would prob tell you to threaten him with small claims - and if no joy actually file a claim

VIX1980 Fri 05-Apr-13 12:18:39

Just had a reply from him,
Hi as per our last email stated we have sent this order over to the warehouse and it should arrive either today or tommorow

Havent recieved any emails from him at all aprt from this, I've replied saying as previously mentioned i'd like a tracking number to confirm this has been dispatched.

The card was verified by visa yes, so if need be i may be able to claim back.

Such a pain though, the tiles were for the front porch, its all been levelled, ready to go and now were stepping over everything so we dont ruin the floor for tiling! Should have taken them all out when they first came, certainly learnt my lesson now to inspect everything straight away. Thanks for all the help!

fergoose Fri 05-Apr-13 12:33:33

Oh good - well I really hope your seller is as good as his word smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now