Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

anyone know how I can leave money accumulating in PayPal and NOT have money taken out to pay for pur gases ?

(2 Posts)
fakeblondie Thu 04-Apr-13 10:11:07

I have sold a few bits and have a couple of hundred pounds in my PayPal account.
If I ever bid and win something when I go to check out it ALWAYS takes it from my PayPal account first and I cant figure how to not do his and have the money come out of my bank which it does when there isn't enough in PayPal.
I want to continue selling few bits you see in an effort to save up towards a nice couple of nights away ?
Any tips very welcome thanks x

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Thu 04-Apr-13 10:17:14

You do it during the checkout process. If you don't specify then, then it automatically comes out of your paypal account.

"Pay however you want

PayPal gives you the flexibility to choose the best payment method for you each time you pay. You can link your PayPal account to your bank account, debit and credit cards. Just add your bank and card details to your PayPal account and then choose how you want to pay during the checkout process. If you want to pay using your credit card, you still earn your usual reward points so you don’t miss out on anything. You can also add money to your PayPal account and pay using that balance if you want to but you never have to worry about keeping money in your PayPal account."

So either change to take payment from your card, or top up your paypal account by the amount you're buying for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now