Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

what are Collect Plus like?

(8 Posts)
lololizzy Wed 03-Apr-13 23:40:29

After the tip off,(thanks) found i can do this from my local newsagent! how reliable are they?

lololizzy Wed 03-Apr-13 23:43:23

Ok am really confused by this..if i take my parcel into the shop...will my buyer also have to collect from a shop? Can they not deliver to their door?

fergoose Thu 04-Apr-13 00:18:27

they deliver to their door. I think they are great - take 3-5 days all tracked.

lololizzy Thu 04-Apr-13 00:29:17

oh great! will do the switch!!! why would anyone want to use RM now? great i only have to walk to my local newsagents too. no more paying for parking to visit the post office..

fergoose Thu 04-Apr-13 09:09:48

I agree - I have been using My Hermes for a while now - print out labels night before then friendly man turns up and takes it away - so much easier too.

MrsZoidberg Thu 04-Apr-13 10:46:12

We're lucky enough to have Collect Plus in the village one side of us and MyHermes drop off point (cheaper than collection) in the town on the other side of us on the way to the post office.

I've had issues with both - Collect Plus in the Southampton/Bournemouth area seems pants (all problems were from this area).

We paid extra for signed for with My Hermes but the item went missing - nondescript signature which doesn't belong to buyers or neighbours- no near neighbours for that matter, they paid up eventually. But to add insult to injury, the replacements also didn't get signed for, just dumped in the porch. All other parcels have got there safely.

I trust them both more than I would trust Citylink but that's a whole other saga!

Havingkitties Fri 05-Apr-13 18:35:41

Collect+ delivered my eBay crap the next day when I posted with them on Tuesday - amazing! grin

Gingefringe Sun 07-Apr-13 11:57:26

I find Collect Plus very good - I've used them on numerous occasions for my eBay parcels and also Boden returns.

Never had a problem and avoided the Post Office queues!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now