Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Seller asking for £7 extra postage...

(14 Posts)
SpottyTeacakes Wed 03-Apr-13 18:06:36

The seller marked this item as dispatched yesterday, they charged £6 postage. All well and good I thought but I just received this....

I'm ever so sorry but I went to post your item yesterday, unaware of the new pricings that went into affect that day. I was told that your parcel will cost £13.35 (!) as standard parcel no longer exists, size as well as weight is now taken into account.

The weight of the parcel is 2.9 kg and is classed as a medium parcel due to size.

If you are willing to pay the extra postage I will post tomorrow, but I understand if you would rather a full refund.

There's nothing I can do if I don't want to pay it is there? sad Is there anything cheaper I can suggest? They should have checked the bloody postage before they listed it angry I won it for £10 not that that makes any difference...

utahforever Wed 03-Apr-13 18:09:26

If you really want it, then I would offer her half of the postage. However, it is a bit of a cheek as she should of checked properly before listing.

TallulahTwinkle Wed 03-Apr-13 18:12:26

Could you ask her to courier it to you? Think Hermes would only charge about £7

marriedtoagoodun Wed 03-Apr-13 18:14:41

Second getting a courier - you can get it much cheaper than the Post Office and next day.

SpottyTeacakes Wed 03-Apr-13 18:17:56

Thanks I will ask her to look at Hermes. I've looked and it's less than £6

weebleknievel Wed 03-Apr-13 18:20:14

Seller should have checked postage before listing, price changes have been publicised by Royal Mail. If I were the seller I'd be annoyed with myself but wouldn't expext the buyer to pay for my error.

SpottyTeacakes Wed 03-Apr-13 18:32:44

Exactly she should suck it up grin hopefully she will agree to Hermes... I will report back...

fergoose Wed 03-Apr-13 18:33:11

no they are not allowed to ask for extra - their mistake, they should pay the difference. Asking you for extra is shifting the goalposts and against the rules and they can be reported for t.

I am sure a courier would be cheaper - that is up to the seller to sort out, not you.

SpottyTeacakes Wed 03-Apr-13 18:44:55

The thing is if I say no then it just goes to resolution centre, I get a refund and seller gets bad feedback from me wink

I just got an email from them and they're sending Hermes so thanks for the suggestion smile I can't believe the increases from Royal Mail it's horrendous.

lololizzy Wed 03-Apr-13 18:53:14

ive just posted (excuse the pun) on this. I covered the cost for all my parcels ,about £40 out of pocket i was. Not my buyers faults,so i had to suck it up.

lololizzy Wed 03-Apr-13 18:53:48

extra costs, i should say . I wasn't aware of increases

SpottyTeacakes Wed 03-Apr-13 18:55:11

I would suck it up too and had I charged too much I would have refunded. Ah, I remember the days when eBay was simple.... hmm

PurpleFrog Thu 04-Apr-13 13:54:54

Frankly I think Royal Mail have just lost themselves a whole lot of customers.

I have had a few things in the past year that I know would have been cheaper sending by courier, but I couldn't be bothered with the faff. Now, with the recent changes, it will really be worth my while investigating alternatives to Royal Mail.

fergoose Thu 04-Apr-13 17:30:15

I also think RM are getting slower too - I bet their profits are down next quarter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now