Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Brand new buyer - (0) - any reason to be worried?

(6 Posts)
flubba Mon 01-Apr-13 21:33:13

Am selling something BNWT, high value and have so far got one bidder but he/she is brand new with a (0) score. I blocked the -1 and below buyers but didn't think to change this to 0 and below.
Anyone got experience of new buyers turning out to be dodgy, or am I overthinking this?

Footface Mon 01-Apr-13 21:39:50

How have you asked for payment?

fergoose Mon 01-Apr-13 21:42:52

everyone has to start somewhere. Make sure you send to registered address with a signature just to be covered. High value will need Special Delivery or courier I guess. If collected only accept cash.

If it is a mobile phone keep record of the IMEI number

flubba Mon 01-Apr-13 21:59:24

Thanks fergoose - good advice as ever. If they win, I'll pay the extra for recorded delivery.

No, Footface, not yet as item ends next week - they've just put in the 1st bid so it may not end with them anyway.

fergoose Mon 01-Apr-13 22:09:26

recorded may not be enough depending on the value it sells for.

flubba Mon 01-Apr-13 22:15:51

True - will look into it - the postage I could put on it was capped at £7 although that was pre-1st April (it didn't seem to take into account the new RM charges), so will see what the different postage costs will be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now